Sign in to follow this  
flare777ER

Saitek X52 Pro Driver Installation Problems

After plugging my Saitek X52 Pro, I was expecting windows to automatically detect the joystick but it did not.Tried installing the driver from the cd, but it just freezes.I have tried, downloading the driver from the saitek website as well - After running it, it asks me to plug in the joystick, Doing so it says, it runs the Driver Setup screen, showing "the process may take some time".How long is sometime for ? I have kept it running for sometime.Is there any other way out ? Please Help

Alienware M17X R3

i7-2860QM 2.5GHz ( 3.6 Ghz TurboBoost 8Mb Cache )

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 SDRAM ( 2 x 4GB)

750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

2GB GDDR5 Nvidia Gefore GTX 580M

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Mark Knowles

First Officer - Boeing 737NG

Hi Mark, I had the Saitek X52 pro and the software gave me nothing but problems. Does the stick show up in the FSX CP? If so, then try to calibrate the stick without the Saitek driver, that's what I did. The only thing is, I think I'm right here, if you don't install the software then you cannot take advantage of creating separate profiles, unless of course you have FSUIPC.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It does show on the FSX CP. I was trying to load the profiles from the software earlier as I use to. But the software just doesnt want to Install.Is there a guide how to create separate profiles using FSUIPC ?

Alienware M17X R3

Mark Knowles

Works fine on my win7 but I do remember some config problems l needed to google

Works fine on my win7 but I do remember some config problems l needed to google
Did you intially change some settings ? Reg keys ? or anything ? I have been trying to find something on the saitek forums, but nothing clearly specified.I have no lights on the MFD or the throttle quadrant. Just on the joystick.Help is most appreciated !http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=18356This is the link, where its been asked to modify the registry, However if someone could help me with what is to be deleted or renamed ? UpperFilters Value ?

Alienware M17X R3

Mark Knowles

Apart from the drivers which I probably downloaded direct from Saitek support I didnt use the software to config. I did spend some considerable time in FSUIPC setting up and testing the controls. Cant recall being in the registry as I tend to leave that alone.