Sign in to follow this  
henkie

How to arm G/S, when ILS is not in database?

Hi,When an ILS-approach is not in the FMC's database the G/S will not arm (??) after selecting APP mode. I'm not sure this should happen in RL but if so, can somebody explain me how to arm the G/S of an ILS which is not in the database? For example: ESSA RNW26.Kind regards,

As long as it has an ILS in the FSX MAP, you can make an ILS landing.
But the problem is that the G/S won't get armed. The LOC will but the G/S won't. Very strange because it is a valid ILS and the G/S will be alive and I can fly it raw data but in no way with the FD's.Try an approach at ESSA RNW26 and you will see what I mean.Kind regards,

I think you should select : ILS 26 in arrival airport page, I face same problem at RJAA airport with bad visibility and land manually :(

But that's the point. That ILS is not in the fmc so I can't select it. How is this in RL, the 737 must be able to fly an ILS without selecting it in the fmc right?

I think SP1 may have removed this (i may be wrong), because if i recall, I had the GS ON/OFF option prior, just selecting a runway with no approach specified. Now it seems that you need to enter the approach as an ILS in order to have the GS option. This was especially bad, when faced with certain airports that had an ILS in fsx, but no ILS approach because the AIRAC did not have data for it, and the NGX could not capture the glideslope.Marcus Jian

"When an ILS-approach is not in the FMC's database the G/S will not arm (??) after selecting APP mode""But the problem is that the G/S won't get armed. The LOC will but the G/S won't"I confirm this is true !! rather strange behavior for sure !Bug ? Something Daniel and myself we both have been missing ? What could we do more than setting the correct ILS freq and apch course ?"can somebody explain me how to arm the G/S of an ILS which is not in the database"I'll be glad to know how to make it working.

This could be a bug, or some feature/ functionality adjustments. I'm not sure if this change was intentional or accidental, (if this was working fine pre SP1), but either way I don't really fancy the idea of being able to activate the GS only when a corresponding data is in the FMC, given that FSX's and AiRAC datas do not cover all airports well. Perhaps PMDG or someone knowledgeable could help here.Marcus Jian

But the problem is that the G/S won't get armed. The LOC will but the G/S won't. Very strange because it is a valid ILS and the G/S will be alive and I can fly it raw data but in no way with the FD's.Try an approach at ESSA RNW26 and you will see what I mean.Kind regards,
I can confirm this as well, happened to me at a flyin at ESSA when 26 was active. The ILS26 was not in the list of available approaches in the CDU and the plan flew straight through the expected intercept point of the loc after I had manually entered the ILS freq / course (which I do anyways, even for working approaches.). There was an error in the navigraph navdata for that particular approach, so the NGX ignored it. I do believe that the navdata for ESSA ILS26 has been corrected in the latest AIRAC tho.

Just tried it. No problem at all. Everything works as it should. First loc capture, then G/S capture, works fineBert Van Bulck

If there is a problem with the ILS then it's an FSX Default or Custom scenery issue. If the data in the FMC is missing then it's a Navigraph issue. Just because an airport has a valid ILS in the real world does not always mean its going to work in FSX. Many FSX airports have incorrect data or the ILS placement is wrong. Only way to fix it is get an updated AFCAD or buy the payware scenery and they will most likely have these issues fixed.

KSAN Rwy 09 ILS Freq in the CDU is WRONG.
KSAN Rwy 09 ILS has been fixed. Get the latest AFCAD by Ray Smith here: http://library.avsim...ftp&DLID=162976

Just tried it. No problem at all. Everything works as it should. First loc capture, then G/S capture, works fineBert Van Bulck
So you are saying you can fly an ILS approach with the autopilot without setting up the ILS in the FMC? In that case, could you please try ESSA RNW26 as well when you have the time for it?
If there is a problem with the ILS then it's an FSX Default or Custom scenery issue. If the data in the FMC is missing then it's a Navigraph issue. Just because an airport has a valid ILS in the real world does not always mean its going to work in FSX. Many FSX airports have incorrect data or the ILS placement is wrong. Only way to fix it is get an updated AFCAD or buy the payware scenery and they will most likely have these issues fixed.
The ILS in FSX is working. Like I said, I can fly the approach raw data without any problem. The thing is that G/S won't get armed in the FMA after selecting APP-mode.