Sign in to follow this  
oktorn777

Reflecting on the future of flight simulation

Microsoft will consistently refer to their product(s) as only a "game" for liability reasons. There is nothing sinister about this, but MS's Legal division is responsible for ensuring that the company doesn't expose themselves to any potential lawsuits.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No matter what you call it there is a big difference between a game and a simulation. Usually hardcore gamers don't want anything to do with simulations and visa-versa. I play racing and trucking sims. Look how much flak EA took for creating somewhat of a racing sim (Shift) in the Need for Speed series. The closer to reality you can get the better the simulation and the more boring for the hardcore gamer who wants to be imersed in some sort of fantasy or a first person shooter. But in my opinion the better the simulation the better the immersion to do something I will never have the chance to do in real life. Back to using an engine to run things instead of a revamp of FSX. REAL WORLD.Thanks,Ron

Its a marriage, Sometimes you gotta plough on through, other times its a breeze!
marriage? count me out then!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.