Sign in to follow this  
Guest ARUBANEZE

Want to purchase but..

Guest venustus01

I have been following all the positive comments concerning the 737.I own the 747 for FS9 and very happy with it.Very smooth etc.However as much as I'd like, I dont think I can run the NGX on my current setup.Core2 Duo 2.5ghz ocd to 3ghzGTS 450 Video card4gb RamWindows xprecently converted to FSX(with acceleration)Please advise.

hey dimi,i'm running the ngx on a pretty simular set-up. it works, but i have to disclaim to any addons; weather/traffic etc. i'm getting a better mashine pretty soon, to run it more stapled. as mentioned from pmdg, they advise u to have a 64-bit system, wich makes the whole thing much smoother. so if u wanna check it out on ur systeme it might be fine, but to be sure u would need a 64-bit layout. there have been simulare threads in this forum, so maybe use the search function and u will get much better information on that.peace!

Guest venustus01

I would eventually want to get utx and gex, and rex, but no addon traffic program.Maybe I can live with minimal settings.i dont really want enormous fps.I just want to be able to run it in a smooth and fluid manner.I will eventualy upgrade my hardware(funds permitting).Its very tempting to purchase this addon.Thank you gentlemen for your feedback so far.

I would eventually want to get utx and gex, and rex, but no addon traffic program.Maybe I can live with minimal settings.i dont really want enormous fps.I just want to be able to run it in a smooth and fluid manner.I will eventualy upgrade my hardware(funds permitting).Its very tempting to purchase this addon.Thank you gentlemen for your feedback so far.
I think I'd rather fly the ngx with no other addons than fly other addons without the ngx. :)

well, its not about fps. rather ur system will just crash due to memory reasons. the ngx works smooth on a 64-bit system, thats the way it was build, but it needs the memory to work perfect. so running it on ur system with rex, gex und utx might be critical. i run it on a 32-bit system with just gex and ase installed and no traffic at all. but thats pretty close to the edge; and remember, that every system handls things diffrent...peace.

It'll run. I'm running an Athlon 3500, 2GB RAM, XP, and a 7800GTX and it runs fluidly with the settings in the mid range, no other add-ons. It was pretty rough at the initial release, but with the hot fix and SP1, it's become a much better experience.

Guest venustus01

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Build a new box your missing out on the greatest plane to ever grace Flightsim

John C

Guest venustus01

Your setup reads like a "who's who" of computer hardware!im%20Not%20Worthy.gifIf the general consensus dictates upgrading to run this addon,then I may have to do just that.Money%20Eyes.gif