Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

Occasional Flicker

Hi,Until recently I'd been having major problems with autogen related artifacts, but after reading some advice in another topic on here I added the line Poolsize=8388608 to the Bufferpools bit of the CFG and this has almost completely cured it.The last couple of days I've been flying the PMDG NGX between various Orbx Australia airports, mostly Canberra and Melbourne. It's pretty expected that FPS will be low approaching these airports. However, during the flight at various points (i'd make a guess and say roughly every 10 minutes or so) there is a flicker that lasts less than a second, but is noticeable none the less. Difficult to describe but the picture outside the aircraft flashes darker for a split second then back to normal.Not much to go on but does anyone know what this is or has seen it before themselves?Thanks,Tom

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hi Tom;The three normal cures for flickering, flashing and general stability are:-1). [bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // increasing or decreasing the RJ size - smaller is better, with UsePools=0 for none.2). In [GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1and..3). In [TERRAIN]WATER_EFFECTS=6 // 6= High 2.x

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,I think it was your post I found that made me set the poolsize to that value which has helped greatly with the artifacts, so thanks! The problem I describe here is not really artifacts, it's like the whole screen flashes outside the cockpit.I've already got the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and the reject threshold in there. Water i'm running at 2.x Low. Setting 2.x High brings the frame rates into single figures, particularly at Orbx airports!My specs, if it helps: Core i7 920 at 4.0GHz, 4.0Gb DDR3 RAM (should be 6.0Gb but having Motherboard issues at the moment and it only registers 4Gb), GTX 285 1Gb (stock), 120Gb OCZ SSD (with FSX on), 1Tb Spinpoint HDD, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.Regards,Tom

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S