Sign in to follow this  

Still no cursor on the F33 GPS?

I installed the F33 again and applied all patches. There still is no cursor on the GPS...? Shouldn't it be time for that by now...?

The best solution is to get the RXP 430W.The Carenado GPSs are only a 60% solution, if you are actuallyusing the GPS for navigation.

Bert

Yes, I know about the RXP but what's holding me back is that you can't load plans (created in FSX or Plan-G) in it...

Well, that is certainly true - but when you watch an instructional flight video (or sitnext to a RW pilot) you realize that these folks enter flight plans by hand.Often just an outline before take-off and further details as they level off forcruise.This also includes making changes as flight conditions or ATC demand..If you like the finer points of GPS navigation, watch the outstandingColumbia video:http://www.flightvideoproductions.com/

Bert

Yes, I know about manually entering plans ;) but my plans usually consist of fake points (just drawing the line in FSX or Plan-G to avoid high mounts or to follow a river) and adding those to the RXP version seems a bit of a chore...? But I will watch those movies. And because I've been thinking about getting the RXP GNS for YEARS now I might as well simply get it after all... ;)EDITEr... that video is about the G1000 and I see no actual video's...? I will search on youtube for some vids about planning flights in the 430. ;)

Well, I'll be darned... How about this! What crap is this!!!I mailed Carenado to ask why I couldn't enable the cursor on the GPS. They mailed me back, pretty quickly, which is nice, that this GPS doesn't have a cursor in real life...So I had another close look at the GPS in the F33 VC and clearly saw it's a GNS430... and I never heard of a GNS430 without a cursor. Then I clicked on the GPS and the popup windows version appeared. I don't know why I didn't try htis before, but to my amazement I could enable the cursor!!!Then I wondered why I couldn't do the same on the VC version and then it occured to me the only difference were the 3D knobs in the VC... so I installed the supplied modification without the 3D knobs and YES... I can enable the cursor now on the GPS in the VC!!!Apart from being very happy I've got everything working now (cold and dark cockpit and the cursor on the GPS) I am very amazed why the developer of this plane, of all people, simply told me this GPS didn't have a cursor in real life... when it DOES have a cursor even in the sim...! Very weird...

Happy you got it working!I had a similar experience to yours, with the A36..The compass is missing the lubber line.Carenado support told me that this compass does not have a lubber line in real life..unsure.png

Er... that video is about the G1000 and I see no actual video's...? I will search on youtube for some vids about planning flights in the 430. ;)
You've got to buy the videos... the Meridian one has a GNS530, but the Columbia one hasa lot of GPS interaction and it applies to the GNS as well as to the G1000 which is featuredin the video.If you really want to know how to use the 430/530,Try this:http://www.faa.gov/a...n/WinGarmin.cfmor, order and read (and reference later) this excellent book:http://www.bookmaste...ktplc/10346.htm

Bert

BTW... re-reading your earlier post... if your mainpurpose is to plan a flight, using "fake points" tofollow a scenic route, you are not going to find muchto like in the RXP units. They are truly only useful forIFR flight - but then, they are very useful indeed.cool.png

Bert