Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ISSUE: Day/Night transition

Hi all,I have posted here few days ago about a day/nignt transition issue with the Honeywell mcp: Nobody reacted. Today i was doing my second leg of the day from LGAV to LOWW. It was 1438z when i started the push then was on my way to 03R and wanted to turn on the AFDS Flood switch and only the central part of the MCP was dark. This is not the first time that i can reproduce this. Furthermore it does not happen with the Collins MCP. I will try to upload a picture. The thing is that my file is bigger than 1,95Mo

You can degree your file by letting it go to Paint and thenmake it to an jpg.Better if you have Photoshop or another photo editor.About your question, you don´t happens to have Shade? / Leffe

You can degree your file by letting it go to Paint and thenmake it to an jpg.Better if you have Photoshop or another photo editor.About your question, you don´t happens to have Shade?/ Leffe
yeah i dobut also tried without it: same dealI will post the picture within 30 min, i am on ivao right now! hihi Here it is!

Hello.Got the same problem here, see the attached screenshot . Things were back to normal when time advanced in the sim and it was getting dark.Cheers!

I will ask but my bet is that we can't fix this unfortunately guys - FSX does very weird things to textures at the day-night transition, always has.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I will ask but my bet is that we can't fix this unfortunately guys - FSX does very weird things to textures at the day-night transition, always has.
Alright Ryan! Just keep us updated on this one.thanks
Hello.Got the same problem here, see the attached screenshot . Things were back to normal when time advanced in the sim and it was getting dark.Cheers!
finally someone else has noticed this. THANK YOU , because i felt like i was the only one having this pb

Just a stab in the dark: did you guys try to cycle the glareshield-illumination on and off? This helped me a couple of times, not with this exact issue but it was similar.

Just a stab in the dark: did you guys try to cycle the glareshield-illumination on and off? This helped me a couple of times, not with this exact issue but it was similar.
tried almost everythang but without success

Do you have dawadusk smoothing=1 in your fsx cofg. Just to be sure, as I don't experience that issue

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

About turning on the glareshield illumination, how do I turn it on, where's the button/switch/rotary?

Yesterday flew KORD to VHHH in the 747-400 and today I am on the return trip. Now it is daylight in the USA and so when daylight breaks the lights textures in the cockpit turn off. However when I am flying up above Alaska even though it is daylight it is very dark almost like sunset up there. So in that case it would be helpful to have my cockpit lights on but of course they won't come on cause FSX is telling the aircraft its daytime. When I start to come back down south then it's lighter again and well you get the idea. In this situation it is an FSX issue and nothing can be done about it.

About turning on the glareshield illumination, how do I turn it on, where's the button/switch/rotary?
The rotary can be found on the forward panel below the captains ND and is labeled "AFDS Flood"

In fact FSX does have so many bugs. Most of them are effects or animation related though.

Thanks Ryan for the information, I hope it's not an FSX realted issue. I haven't yet checked if there's a problem with the newer MCP version .
finally someone else has noticed this. THANK YOU , because i felt like i was the only one having this pb
No, you are not alone with this issue :( .