Sign in to follow this  

good evening everyone,Tonight I (finally) bit the bullet and I installed X-plane 9.I got the simulation more than two years ago for a birthday present but I never came around to try it out.Last weekend however I found a few movies for the upcoming version 10 ans so I gave it a try with version 9.Installation is quite long (8 DVD's take some time to get transferred to my HD) but it is up and running.First impression... I hate it...No, that is not true but I can't deny that it is 'different' after almost 15 years of >Flightsimulator...Second impression.... it runs smooth, even on the highest settings.But, and that's my main problem now, I have some difficulties to get my hardware up and running.My setup is a pfc flightyoke (USB), Saitek rudderpedals (also USB) and a pfc throttle quadrant which is connected through the serial port of my pc. And that last one I can't get to work.For Flight Simulator I had to copy a dll in the modules directory but I am not sure how the throttle quadrant works in X-plane.I the menu, I find settings to activate a throttle quadrant but activating the radiobutton doesn't do anything...So all suggestions are welcome...Luc BrusselmansBelgiumps, the manual doesn't enlighten me either

Hi Luc,I too am unable to get my PFC equipment to work in X-Plane 9 and was thinking along the same lines as you, that there must be a driver specifically for X-Plane for PFC gear.I have a PFC serial cirrus yoke connecting to the PFC throttle quadrant and thence via a serial to USB convertor to my PC. I set it up in the X-Plane 9 settings/equipment page,but the program appears not to 'recognize' the PFC equipment.Have you had any success with your problem? Neither PFC nor X-Plane have been of much assistance to me to date.Bill K.Australia