Sign in to follow this  
MFG 2

RC 4 FS+upgrade FSX

hello,how is the procedure to upgrade my old FS9 version to FSX ?and of course: how many i must pay for this ?mfg jorge

RC 4.3 can be reinstalled for FS9, FSX, or both. If you are running both be sure FSUIPC is the latest version for both after installing RC for FSX. You might as well update makerwys.exe to the current version.When installing RC for FSX keep it on the current drive. Unless you changed pc's or reformatted the disk your current key should work for your new FSX installation.I also recommend you run this utility before updating FSUIPC after FSX is installed to verify your registry entries for each FS path. You will need in VISTA or Win 7 to right click on it and run as admin. This FS registry checker and repair utility is available free from flight 1;http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=libraryWith both RC's installed you should have one folder for the FS9 version and another for your FSX version. Be sure that when you are updating the scenery data in your FSX version you give the FSX path and when updating the FS9 version scenery you give the FS9 path. I have the full paths to FS in a text file that I can copy then paste into the RC scenery rebuild when it asks. If on VISTA or Win 7 for each shortcut to RC right click on it to get to properties and set it to run as admin. I also recommend naming the shortcuts to RC to include the FS version name you are starting up such as RCv4-9 and RCV4-X to avoid confusion.There is no additional charge to run the additional installation for FSX if you already have it for FS9. Be sure you are running build 4.3.3485 of RC for each as announced on the splash screen. RC will also supply the credits it requires for your new FSUIPC4 installation after RC in installed.FSUIPC and makerwys links for initial and updating installations are pinned at the forum top. The same version of makerwys is compatible with both FS9 and FSX.