Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Level of GPS simulation in Prepar3D?

Hi all,If someone has used the default GPS that comes with Prepar3D, could you offer an opinion as whether they are better than FSX? The Garmin 500 and G1000 are basic and even wrong. I wonder whether Prepar3D, being an ESP base product is better.ThanksVu

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

They are 100% identical, even down to the filenames.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi mates.I recomend this GPS from ORBz, are totally compatibles and better graphics too.http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/11-utilities/Regards.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

If you want a better GPS, look at the RealityXP units... the professional versionis likely expensive, but is being made compatible with ESP/P3D.http://reality-xp.com/professional/garmin-gns-waas/index.html

Bert

Hi,I would agree with Bert, RealityXP is the way to go.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

They are 100% identical, even down to the filenames.
Actually not quite..... the GPS file names are the same for backwards compatibility, but Beau has spent several hundred hours updating the GPS functionality to make FAA/JAA qualification easier. Here the the changes (from the 1.1 release notes):
  • GPS welcome/verification page
  • Support for SIDs (Standard Instrument Departures) and STARs (Standard Arrivals)
  • XML format defined for SIDs and STARs
  • Added synchronization of CDI scale with analogue instruments

The SIDS/STARs info can be found in the SDK Learning Center in the Compiling BGL section. Although on the surface they look the same, the updated functionality does allow for approach data to be updated with navaid data via the SID/STARS xml files, which was actually a huge bucket of work.

So P3D supports SID/STAR data natively? Does it contain the data already or just the ability for users to put it in themselves?