Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

700WL Paintkit query

Hi Guys,Im working through the 737-700WL paintkit (downloaded from the PMDG site just now, so assuming i have the latest version).Thing is, i have big gaps between the coloured boundaries in the Fuselage Master file (see attached picture). So i was wondering if i paint a graphic in the red area for example, and part of it overflows in the gray part, do i need to split my graphic and move the 'overflow' part in to the blue area?See, its confusing me a little - i could understand it if the boundaries touched, but it seems i need trial and error to get my graphics to line up in the finished paint and keep all my painting withing the coloured areas. Even the fuselage_1 file has missing windows.Im pretty sure i have alll the layers are visible in Photoshop CS5.I made a test paint and like i say half my logo was missing because it went into the grey area. Which suggests to me i might have cropped it wrong (I cropped a perfect square from the top left of the Master file to the first blue line).Can someone please help me out here? This is the first real attempt i have had in painting the NGX.Thank you! :)

Just to clarify, the logo i painted shows in FSX fine, as does the text - up to the part where the windows stop, then its blank in FSX. This area is the part that is not coloured in the master fuselage file.

Yes, you need to split any graphic that extends into the non-colored (non-coloured) areas and move the to adjacent color.Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer

Adrian paint it with the master file all 3 parts at the same time, not one section at a time much easier on you also there are 3 guidelines to put your rectangle tool around it will snap to them to cut the 3 section individually, make sure snap is on - 1 section at a time will be a nightmare.

Rich Sennett

Excellent, thank you for your help, makes sense now.But why is the gap there? Wouldnt it have been easier to just not have it? :-)And i assume for the other sections, like the tailplane and engines, i just flip it and save it as .dds as i do with the other 3 fuselage sections?Once i have one paint nailed in Photoshop, im gonna see if its possible to use Photoshop Elements 10 - a whole lot cheaper!Again, thanks for your input.A