Sign in to follow this  
flare777ER

Which Joystick are you using with the 737NGX ?

Captains,I got my much awaited new system to fly the 737NGX but to my most unexpected imagination, somehow my Saitek X52PRO, just doesnt seem to work with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The moment i plug it in, I just cant open any browser as such, or fsx for that matter and have to completely reboot, Downloading the drivers or software, from the website is not possible, because that too freezes. Any of you gurus out there with a possible suggestion or solution , I can promise you a lifetime of unlimited help flying the 737ng from real world prospective if any.Which are the other joysticks good enough to fly the 737ngx on fsx ?

Alienware M17X R3

i7-2860QM 2.5GHz ( 3.6 Ghz TurboBoost 8Mb Cache )

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 SDRAM ( 2 x 4GB)

750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

2GB GDDR5 Nvidia Gefore GTX 580M

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Mark Knowles

First Officer - Boeing 737NG

Thanks Derek , I'll have a look !

Mark im using the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas because i also fly the A-10c simare these the drivers your using for win7 64? http://driverscollec...ws%207%2064-bit
John,I have tried downloading the drivers from the site, but it opens a screen where it says Plug in your controller to updateand then it says, updating your drivers, this process may take some time. Well I have left it to update for more than some time. It just freezes after a while..

Alienware M17X R3

Mark Knowles

Thanks Derek , I'll have a look !John,I have tried downloading the drivers from the site, but it opens a screen where it says Plug in your controller to updateand then it says, updating your drivers, this process may take some time. Well I have left it to update for more than some time. It just freezes after a while..
Mark i just download the drivers you need no problem, i am running win7 64bit OShttp://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

John C

I'm using the x52 pro on w7 64 without any problems, both with and without the Saitek drivers, so its not like its uncompatible with w7 64. There's something else than w7 64 that is causing the issues you are experiencing.EDIT: I do remember having lock ups when i used my mouse in w7 way back when w7 was new, I fixed it by downloading the latest updates from windows update. Make sure that your w7 installation is fully up to date

Mark i just download the drivers you need no problem, i am running win7 64bit OShttp://www.saitek.co...own/drivers.php
is there a way you can send me the drivers ? and I do not have to run the software per say to download the drivers ?It still freezes nonetheless..And i have no clue absolutely why
I'm using the x52 pro on w7 64 without any problems, both with and without the Saitek drivers, so its not like its uncompatible with w7 64. There's something else than w7 64 that is causing the issues you are experiencing
Hi Johan,Its completely a brand new system, is there a way to work around the drivers ?Also is the MFD working on your x52pro ?

Alienware M17X R3

Mark Knowles

Do what Johan said go to windows updates and make sure you have all the service packs installed and driversand if you still want the saitek drivers PM me with your email and i'll send them to you

John C

Windows 7 is completely updated with Service Pack 1.Just not happening ! Worried.gifIf any other suggestions, please let me know

Alienware M17X R3

Mark Knowles

X-52 Pro. And one thing set in the Profiler: Zero sensitivity on the mouse stick, hehe. Common problem for X-52/52 Pro owners, it moves everywhere when I move the throttle.

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png

Hmm.And, of course, for those of us not lucky enough to have enough room in our 'pit to accommodate the bulk of a yoke.(When will somone finally make one that fits *underneath* the desktop?).But I'm glad for you that you, at least, have the option. wink.png

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I am using the Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek Rudder pedals flawlessly on Vista 64-Bit. However I would not recommend using the Saitek profile software. I have all my buttons either assigned through FSX or the registered version of FSUIPC. Also I have found there is a HUGE difference when assigning your axis in FSX vs FSUIPC. FSUIPC is so much smoother and better its amazing that I was able to put up with FSX axis control all these years cause it is complete Crap!