Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

I'm out of ideas

After an entirely fresh install of both Win7 64 and NGX and following every recommendation in the forum and submitting a ticket everything at last installed correctly and all the runtime libraries installed without fault (a first for me).After reconnecting and calibrating all my hardware I decided to fly the tutorial to see if everything functioned as it should.It did.Beatifully.Untill I tried switching views at the gate in Amsterdam and FSX crashed.Here's the Event viewer log:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 13-11-2011 14:54:53Event ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: FSXDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000Faulting process id: 0x43cFaulting application start time: 0x01cca1fd351b757aFaulting application path: D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 0fad9d04-0dff-11e1-a925-6cf049e5f242Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-13T13:54:53.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>1118</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>FSX</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>43c</Data> <Data>01cca1fd351b757a</Data> <Data>D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0fad9d04-0dff-11e1-a925-6cf049e5f242</Data> </EventData></Event>I've been trying to get this thing to work for more than a month now and I'm slowly giving up hope that it will ever work.

You have it on the d: drive might be the problem, did you try it on the c: drive and not in program files just on the c: make a folder called fsx there and load it in that folder bet it works.

Rich Sennett

Hmm, I can't do that, I have an SSD of 50 Gb for the OS, The bigger ones are still too expensive.There's not enough space to install FSX.Hard disks are cheap though, maybe it's worth trying.

Dont go nuts didn't know you dont have enough room on main hard drive usually your second hard drive is the smaller one, I did not look at your sig sorry have to think of other things to try then are you using enb series mod please dont if you are, also what video driver are you using ?

Rich Sennett

I always have my FSX on a separte drive. If anything, it should improve performance, not cause problems. I'd leave it on D:

I''m not using the ENB mod.My video driver is the 285.62Yes, I don't think it can hurt to have it on a separate drive.Thank you guys for thinking aloud, so to speak.

"Faulting module path: unknown" interesting is this a fresh install, does your other aircraft work fine ? is it only NGX and does it happen all the time with just NGX what are you doing when it crashes? dump the driver your using and try 270.61 much better newer drivers are not that good for fsx, some say its fine I had no luck with it make sure you use a driver cleaner first before loading the older one go to tweaksrus for there extreme version if you want I can upload it for you. Do you have all administrator rights on those fsx folders ?

Rich Sennett

Yes, it's a fresh install, Win7 64 + all updates, FSX + Accel + NGX + SP1. not much more.I''m going to try all your suggestions and get back to you.Thanks a lot.

i think it is FSX just being dumb i bet if you were to recreate the flight again and do the same view switch it would not happen hopefully FLIGHT will not b as flawed

You might be right. I was trying to recreate the flight but some blind AI pilot managed to drive right through my aircraft : crash.I've been at it since 9 o'clock this morning, I've had it with airplanes for today, I'm going by foot Angel.gifOh, it's 6 o''clock here right now.

When you installed FSX and accel, did you start FSX and do a short flight before installing Accel? And again before you installed NGX? In fact, you need to start FSX and do a short flight (1 min will do) between installing any addons.

-------------

john croft