Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

FS2Crew

Hi, I have been consider purchasing FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX when they release FS2Crew for it, however I am unsure about what FS2Crew actually does. I have asked this question in several forums but have got no useful replies. Could someone please explain what it does and if it is worth it?Aaron G.

The one guy talking is a user, the other one is a program. The one you are asking for. http://www.youtube.com/user/FS2CrewYou can access that FO and crew via buttons or via your voice, hence the different versions of it. Think of it as a virtual crew you are commanding.The exact abilities change with the plane. So older ones may only give you basic functions, while newer ones with a complete SDK offer nearly all buttons and switches to be commanded. So your FO e. g. changes the heading, the speed or the MCP modes via voice.Fully integrated products are the Maddog, the J41, the Level D 767, the iFly 737. Some more basic features can be run on the PMDG 747, the MD-11, the Wilco Airbus Volumes and so on.I think the NGX will get a full featureset too, so all MCP features should be there and a ton of extras, as on the iFly which also integrates nicely.

The voice recognition is the best and weakest point of FS2Crew at the same time. If your Windows runs with the English language and you are a native or close to native speaker, there won't be any trouble.The basis of it is the Windows voice recognition, so you can try that feature before you buy. Just enable it in e. g. Win7 and 'write' some texts. You will find it working very good with only a few minutes of training.The training progresses all the time, so the more often you use it, the better it gets.Now, the downside for non English Windows versions is the need to have an US-English voice recognition installed. Win Ultimate allows this be design, the rest has to cheat a bit. This is legal, so no worries.For the guys having trouble with the English language in speaking, the button version may be the better choice. It's mainly the same stuff as the voice one on the features, but Bryan from FS2Crew has rendered it being operated by events and/or key presses only.On some planes, you have the choice between voice and button version. On some older ones, only the button thingy is available.As said, the tip is to look for a fully SDK supported plane like Maddog, the J41, the Level D 767, the iFly 737. We can expect the NGX to get into that line, but this needs the SDK for Bryan to start working on it.

Good choice. As said, you can train your voice engine and the work with it if you like. That gives you an impression on the operation.The voice versions are the most flexible ones, so e. g. the FO reads a checklist and awaits your answers. Or you climb out and want to have LNAV, but no VNAV this time and then FLCH instead. That's no problem with him, all hands free.The stuff also works with other voice addons or online ATC. The performance downside isn't there. At least I don't see any impact. But be aware that all voice things run on the FSX PC, although some other users may have tips on how to use a client PC there.

Cool!! I think I will get it on day one. I have often wanted a first officer but never knew this application was so detailed!Looking forward to release.Aaron G.

Hi, I have been consider purchasing FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX when they release FS2Crew for it, however I am unsure about what FS2Crew actually does. I have asked this question in several forums but have got no useful replies. Could someone please explain what it does and if it is worth it?Aaron G.
Look at my A to Z full flight to LOWI Innsbruck with Level-D 767 on YouTube in 4 parts and full coverage with FS2Crew Voice Co-Pilot and there you have what you can expect from it.Also full interaction with Vatsim ATC is included...http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_playlists&search_query=klm763&uni=1

Look at my A to Z full flight to LOWI Innsbruck with Level-D 767 on YouTube in 4 parts and full coverage with FS2Crew Voice Co-Pilot and there you have what you can expect from it.Also full interaction with Vatsim ATC is included...http://www.youtube.c...ry=klm763&uni=1
Your video link doesn't seem to be working. It brings me to videos of KLM 767s taking off and landing!
Look at my A to Z full flight to LOWI Innsbruck with Level-D 767 on YouTube in 4 parts and full coverage with FS2Crew Voice Co-Pilot and there you have what you can expect from it.Also full interaction with Vatsim ATC is included...http://www.youtube.c...ry=klm763&uni=1
Sorry, I have got it working now, am watching part 1