Sign in to follow this  
N1G

asus p7z68-v pro - Downgrading Bios

Hi,I updated my bios from 606 to latest and have some issues. I have decided to go back to 606 but the bios flash informs me that the ROM 606 file is outdated and refused to continue.Anyone know how I can get this accomplished?thanksBob

Is this from inside the BIOS, or from the accompanying software, AI Suite?Using AI Suite, go to update, then simply select update BIOS from file, where the file is the version you wish to update. As the BIOS is flash memory, it will completely overwrite your previous version.

I got an email back from asus tech support. They stated that it cannot be done. What I have found that with the same properties of 606 used for the 902, my cpu voltage went from 1.37 or so to 1.49. Something is not right with this bios or I am missing something. I am afraid to try to downgrade as not sure what might happen if it failed. tutmeister recommended using Asus Suite (Asus Update), but I am not sure if I should try. Apparently downgrading is not something that is recommended after reading some forum messages. I should have left well enough alone and followed my own gut. If it ain't broke don't fix it.Bob

My gut tells me that if others are not recommending it, then it's probably because someone, somewhere, has fried their motherboard trying it. Otherwise, most power users are comfortable recommending people to follow guides published online.My advice would be to flash the old-fashioned way, through the BIOS (or UEFI on this board). That way there is no interaction from the Operating System and that would be your better chance of succeeding.I did find this article, you can try it at your own risk. One person with a P8Z68 v-pro had it work:http://forums.mydigi...-Bios-downgradeI also found this:http://www.ehow.com/how_5097698_downgrade-asus-bios.htmlAgain, all at your own risk. BIOS flashing is a terrible business! :D

It can't be done with EZFlash, but it should work with afudoshttp://support.asus....=n/a&os=&no=937AI Suite works too aparently, but it's not a good idea to flash your BIOS from the OSIs the Vcore thing your only issue? if it is just set it manually and move on

It can't be done with EZFlash, but it should work with afudoshttp://support.asus....=n/a&os=&no=937AI Suite works too aparently, but it's not a good idea to flash your BIOS from the OSIs the Vcore thing your only issue? if it is just set it manually and move on
EZ-Flash works no worries. I have a deluxe board and it was successful on that so I would presume it would work with the Pro board. Copy the ROM to a memory stick and start the computer with the memory stick in a USB port. Go into the BIOS and select EZFlash and the computer will search on the memory stick. Select the BIOS ROM you want and flash the BIOS.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

EZ-Flash works no worries. I have a deluxe board and it was successful on that so I would presume it would work with the Pro board. Copy the ROM to a memory stick and start the computer with the memory stick in a USB port. Go into the BIOS and select EZFlash and the computer will search on the memory stick. Select the BIOS ROM you want and flash the BIOS.
Have you succesfully flashed your BIOS with an earlier version using EZ Flash Andrew? for all I know you can upgrade, never downgrade (again, with EZ Flash)

Have you succesfully flashed your BIOS with an earlier version using EZ Flash Andrew? for all I know you can upgrade, never downgrade (again, with EZ Flash)
Done both Dario. Can't downgade using the method inside the operating system though.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"