Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

how to turn off the VC panel lights in the erj v2 ?

At night time if I turn the switch to turn off the VC cockpit light they wont go off until the aircraft is powered down. is there a fix to this ? It's extremely annoying to fly around at night with that yellowish light on.ThanksVic

Does Shift-L help? In the VC, those knobs on the left side also trigger it, I think. I have to try mine.

Nope.
HelloThere is no way to fix this, Feethere have been asked repeatedly by many customers to redo this.Vic at Feelthere thinks it is fine and seems to think that aircraft are flown at night with the cockpit illuminated, hence why I will buy no more feelthere products.The FS9 version however has really nice VC lighting, only the FSX version is lit up yellow at night.Shame really as it is a good addon.

In their config tool, you can define 'toggle panel lights' and assign a button to it. Works here, but you have to set it up first. I think reloading the plane or even restarting FSX is needed to make the assignments work.I actually like the night lighting, although it's just on and off, so nothing like on my Maddog or the MD-11 for example. A personal preference item in my eyes.Anyone else flying the birds in and out of London City? Much fun here. smile.png

In their config tool, you can define 'toggle panel lights' and assign a button to it. Works here, but you have to set it up first. I think reloading the plane or even restarting FSX is needed to make the assignments work.I actually like the night lighting, although it's just on and off, so nothing like on my Maddog or the MD-11 for example. A personal preference item in my eyes.Anyone else flying the birds in and out of London City? Much fun here. smile.png
Coolip, the buttons move when I turn them.It's the lights that don't go off.I ran a search on the FT forum. Quite a few people have/ had that problem...and feel theirs as usual ignores/ed them

I've just tested it. This setting together with a key combo of your choice.lightseu.jpgThen I've placed the plane at a dark London and could toggle the lights in the cockpit (except for the LCD screens which go by the dimmers) on and off. I can hear the switch 'click' and the lights go on or off, as commanded.I can post some screens later if you like. Here they are, off and on while climbing.offto.th.jpg66222244.th.jpgI'm using the E-Jets V2 SP2 on FSX Acceleration. I don't know if that counts though. Maybe one has to run the config app as admin or something. unsure.png

I've just tested it. This setting together with a key combo of your choice.lightseu.jpgThen I've placed the plane at a dark London and could toggle the lights in the cockpit (except for the LCD screens which go by the dimmers) on and off. I can hear the switch 'click' and the lights go on or off, as commanded.I can post some screens later if you like. Here they are, off and on while climbing.offto.th.jpg66222244.th.jpgI'm using the E-Jets V2 SP2 on FSX Acceleration. I don't know if that counts though. Maybe one has to run the config app as admin or something. unsure.png
CoolP,I was talking about the erjs (regional jets) not ejets LOL.gif

Lol. Laughing about myself now. Geez, sorry. wacko.png I will check the ERJs too though.Note to self. Read thread titles the right way. laugh.pngI may drop the two ERJ V2 SP2 related pictures. You are right about the yellow light.offym.th.jpg91950388.th.jpgThe sheer toggle action works, but only for all available lights, so you can't get rid of the yellow stuff alone. Maybe a talented guy can alter the textures and light maps or something.

At night time if I turn the switch to turn off the VC cockpit light they wont go off until the aircraft is powered down. is there a fix to this ? It's extremely annoying to fly around at night with that yellowish light on.ThanksVic
I noticed this when it first came out and decided not to buy the simulation based on the unrealistic night-time lighting.Owners of World Air Routes "JetMagic" DVD (which is brilliant!) can see how it should look in both the ERJ135 and 145.Adam

Lol. Laughing about myself now. Geez, sorry. wacko.png I will check the ERJs too though.Note to self. Read thread titles the right way. laugh.pngI may drop the two ERJ V2 SP2 related pictures. You are right about the yellow light.offym.th.jpg91950388.th.jpgThe sheer toggle action works, but only for all available lights, so you can't get rid of the yellow stuff alone. Maybe a talented guy can alter the textures and light maps or something.
CoolP,I can't turn off "all available lights". I can turn off external lights but the internal ones (the yellow stuff) won't go no matter what.

Sorry, I'm clueless then. I only had the 'Toggle Panel Lights' button defined in the ERJ config tool, but the VC buttons also work here. mellow.png Maybe that's a gauge problem and reinstalling helps. Sorry, only guesswork. sad.png

HelloThere is no way to fix this, Feethere have been asked repeatedly by many customers to redo this.Vic at Feelthere thinks it is fine and seems to think that aircraft are flown at night with the cockpit illuminated, hence why I will buy no more feelthere products.The FS9 version however has really nice VC lighting, only the FSX version is lit up yellow at night.Shame really as it is a good addon.
The fact they simply decided to put the many users who find this very poor on ignore is full grounds to avoid them for any future products. Terrible lack of sensitivity to customers. I mean come on if it was one complainer, then I can see it but I don't know a lot of people who would like the fact the dang lighting can't be turned on and off--pretty dang basic and it only points to a coding glitch that they don't want to address in order to fix the ---defective--- light controls or the lack thereof! Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Noel, the lighting can be turned on and off. Look at the ERJ screenshots above your post.If you refer to the yellow light only, you are right though. It's bound to the cockpit lighting itself and looks too bright to fly with it all the time.

Noel, the lighting can be turned on and off. Look at the ERJ screenshots above your post.If you refer to the yellow light only, you are right though. It's bound to the cockpit lighting itself and looks too bright to fly with it all the time.
CoolP,Lighting works for you and many others but not for all of us.There must be something wrong for sure. I ran a search on the iemit forum and I'm not the only one with that problem.Of course feel theirs fixes nothing.