Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Landing view

My VC view inside the cockpit looks about correct but the runway center-line looks wrong.How to get my landing view moved a little left?Two screenshots.One of a "landing circuits" video here on the forum.One of my VC view.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Looks like in to top photo they're just running a little left of center.

Your last pics should show you exactly centered behind the Yoke....you aren´t quite that. (your left of it)Also if you had EZdok then this is very easy to set. / Leffe

When in VC or 2d panel have the centre line in the middle of the efis and you will be on the ctr line. Youc an check this by checking an external view. That tip was in an Angle of ATtck video for the Boeing 767, and you know what it works for nearly every other aircraft I fly.Wycliffe

This is the external view:

Best Regards,

Your last pics should show you exactly centered behind the Yoke....you aren´t quite that. (your left of it)Also if you had EZdok then this is very easy to set./ Leffe
Could you show me your .. like ready for takeoff VC view?

Best Regards,

My VC view inside the cockpit looks about correct but the runway center-line looks wrong.How to get my landing view moved a little left?Two screenshots.One of a "landing circuits" video here on the forum.One of my VC view.
I'm not certain what you mean, but the first picture is take from the right side of the pilot and the camera is pointing to the left.That's why the cent line looks like it is starting in the middle.The second picture is right behind the yoke and you " look" exactly to the front. So in my opinion you are comparing two different angle of views.Eric

Eric,Do a screenshot of your ready for takeoff or before touchdown. Pilot looking straight ahead.I would like to see what is a normal landing view, pilots side, in relation to center-line.

Best Regards,

Could you show me your .. like ready for takeoff VC view?
I think I´m sitting more centered behind the yoke here.(I know that was seems right for me, maybe dosen´t seems right for others)/ Leffe

In VC, Shift+Control (plus) Enter or Backspace will move you left or right.cthiggin

In VC, Shift+Control (plus) Enter or Backspace will move you left or right.cthiggin
I would like to know what the pilot is supposed to see in 737NG.

Best Regards,

I would like to know what the pilot is supposed to see in 737NG.
To be 100% convinced, you´ll have to sit on Capt side in a real 737NG./ Leffe

I think it is a common thing on FSX. If you are on the center of the yoke and you are on the center line of the runway, and then you go to an outside view you will find that the front gear is over the center line of the runway, when in real life (i suppose, i'm not a real life pilot) the front gear it is on your right between you and the copilot, so i assume that in real life you should taxi by having the center line a little to your right.I think.... :)

I've heard the rule being tossed round before that when the line's "between your legs" the nose gear is on the centre line.

I've heard the rule being tossed round before that when the line's "between your legs" the nose gear is on the centre line.
Running down your right leg is a good rule of thumb