Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Runway Lights almost non existent or so dark

Hi There,Lateley I have noticed that my RNW lights are so dark or almost none existant.I have tried to replace the lights by the file by the night environment upgrade, and replacing the halo.bmp by various one from the library with no effect.I have UT USA& Canada, and Europe installed, so as uou see far out the lights are one. Pics attachedIt is only the runways and taxiway.Any help would be appreciatedThanks

And hów did you solve it?Remember, the solution may help someone else in the future sovle their problem.cheersJP.

Hi There, it was the scaling RUNWY lights, I had it =0.3 and it was too small. so I changed it to 0.6 and bingo all the lights are seen from any where at the airports and Taxiway.I have 4 lines in my FS9.cfg, but I don't remember all as I am not at home know. But 1 is for the Vasi, 1 for the rail and 1 for the center and middle lights of the runway.Now you can try 0.5 or 0.6 or 0.7 depending on your taste.Hope this helpRegards

Hi there, if anyone is interested,This is what I have on my FS9.cfgUnder TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=******** add the followingsRUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.5RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.8RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.8Of course you can change these # based on your taste. so the higher the # are the bigger the lights will be displayed.This is in FS9.Hope this help someone.Regards