Sign in to follow this  
kultman

SDK?

When will the SDK be released?I have just gotten my Revolution Motorized TQ, Engravity CDU and CP Flights MCP & EFIS... Would be REALLY nice to have this hardware work with my 737 NGX

I could answer with the typical PMDG answer "when it's ready" now, but seriously that wouldn't help anyone.As far as I konw the last information given was that the SDK will release on the 8th, but as we have seen it didn't.But at least we know now that we can't be that far from the releasedate. But that's only spectaculation from my point of view.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Okay... ehrm... how very american... ;o)Are the hardware vendors on board on this? I mean do they get beta versions of the SDK?

As far as I konw the last information given was that the SDK will release on the 8th, but as we have seen it didn't.
Ryan mentioned a few days ago that the SDK is completed, but that some sort of a legal problem is holding back a release. How long this holdup could be was not mentioned, though.

Ryan mentioned a few days ago that the SDK is completed, but that some sort of a legal problem is holding back a release. How long this holdup could be was not mentioned, though.
It is an american company so obviously they need to have the standard 'lawyer check' ... American courts are the fun of the modern age it seems... remember kids it is 'cool' to say 'legal stuff' in 2011/2011 ;)

They've made a sophisticated simulation and now they're about to give out a package telling everyone about it's inner workings. I'd imagine I'd want to protect that too.

Chris Hicks

You guys really need to realize too that this isn't some magic thing - you have to be a C++ driver programmer to use this. Not sure why there's average simmers thinking this is going to do something for them right away, it's not.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You guys really need to realize too that this isn't some magic thing - you have to be a C++ driver programmer to use this. Not sure why there's average simmers thinking this is going to do something for them right away, it's not.
I am interested in when because i am thinking about FS2CREW which i am waiting for and believe requires the SDK. Correct?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I dont care about the SDK, but I'm sure Bryan York does and we are ALL waiting for him to get his hands on it, can't you give him a BETA or something so he can make the NGX FS2Crew?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

People are also waiting for the clever folk who can come up with drivers and scripts for hardware

David Porrett

They've made a sophisticated simulation and now they're about to give out a package telling everyone about it's inner workings. I'd imagine I'd want to protect that too.
There is nothing secret about the SDK or the data that it accesses.