Sign in to follow this  
BigBadBen

Best charts source

I recently trialled the demo of Aivlasoft's EFB and decided not to proceed due to a perceived lack of charts (SIDs, STARs and landing) for the flights I was making that month. (I am working my way round the world and was flying across Greenland, then down to Newfoundland and New Brunswick.)Perhaps I am being greedy and should stick to flying in the US. But I felt underwhelmed by having to manually find charts on the Internet despite using such an otherwise impressive product. Or am I missing something? It seems that nowhere is there a good selection of worldwide charts available without having to trawl through local aviation authority sites for the country in question. Any pointers/advice appreciated as this really dims my FSX enjoyment.

I recently trialled the demo of Aivlasoft's EFB and decided not to proceed due to a perceived lack of charts (SIDs, STARs and landing) for the flights I was making that month. (I am working my way round the world and was flying across Greenland, then down to Newfoundland and New Brunswick.)Perhaps I am being greedy and should stick to flying in the US. But I felt underwhelmed by having to manually find charts on the Internet despite using such an otherwise impressive product. Or am I missing something?It seems that nowhere is there a good selection of worldwide charts available without having to trawl through local aviation authority sites for the country in question. Any pointers/advice appreciated as this really dims my FSX enjoyment.
It is what it is... there is no single source for online charts, free or not. Eurocontrol (many countries) and AeroNav (US) are the best sources in general. There are countries, however, where there really is no good source for FS purposes - Greece and Mexico are two that leap to mind.DJ

Guest jahman

AivlaSoft EFB builds all charts from the AIRAC data, so if SIDs and STARS appear to be missing from EFB it's beacuse they are also missing from the AIRAC database. Get ehe updated AIRAC data here.Cheers,- jahman.