Sign in to follow this  
pride545

Fatal error on Approach

I flew from KSEA to KSFO. Everything went fine til I was 22 miles from KSFO and I recieved a fatal error, then flight sim is restarting! This seems to be a regular occurance on my flights.I am running win7 x64, i2500k (not overclocked), 8 MB of memory, FSX acceleration, using 737NGX 700WL. Temps on the GPU run around 50 and the CPU around the same!Worried.gif

Just wondering, have you checked the event log to see what caused the error? / Added scenery etc recently?

Adam

No problemsGoto Control Panel - Administrive Tools - Event ViewerThen look for something related to FSX, Were you scrolling through views with the toolbar by any chance at the time of the CTD?

Adam

It says atc.dll......no, I was setting up for approach9 putting the flaps down).

Hello Adam,I don't use the ATC at all with FSX since I got the NGX.I fly VFR,and listen to ATIS to get the correct RWY.So what if I don't get permission to take-off/land!It takes a bit of adjustment but you get used to it after a while.No more atc.dll crashes for me :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello Adam,I don't use the ATC at all with FSX since I got the NGX.I fly VFR,and listen to ATIS to get the correct RWY.So what if I don't get permission to take-off/land!It takes a bit of adjustment but you get used to it after a while.No more atc.dll crashes for me :)
It's not me who needs the help :(
How can I check the memory settings and what should they be?
I'm not sure, sorry, im sure someone else will help with this...

Adam

Checking timings isn't difficult, download CPUZ. Changing them and ensuring further problems aren't induced can be much more complicated. smile.png

When I hear this issue, the first thing I think of is running out of memory..Sure, his puter and OS look pretty manly, but @#$% happens..Myself, I use the stock ATC with flights made at Sim Routes, andI've had no issues at all. Actually works fairly decent all considering..I can run LNAV/VNAV most of the way until I get to the airport, andthen I get vectored to the approach. Which is not totally unrealistic..But it's never once crashed the sim.So in theory, ATC in itself should not be cratering the sim. Even the FSXversion. In the quoted post, they claim the atc.dll has nothing to dowith ATC.I've run out of memory and had it flag FSX dll's, when I knew for a factthat I simply ran out of memory and nothing was wrong with the sim.I have that issue if I try to run too dense a scenery. But.. I'm only using32 bit XP, and am not using the 3 gig switch at this time.I don't think running a 64 bit OS is total insurance against running out ofmemory. I believe it can still happen if there are issues.I just run reduced scenery settings.. Can't see much from 37,000 anyway.. :/With the reduced settings, mine is stable as a rock. I never have any problemsrunning out of memory unless I knowingly cause it myself.And with the slightly reduced load using the low res gauge textures, I canrun slightly more dense scenery than before the SP1 and not crash.So I've got a little more overhead now at my usual settings.

I also have been getting these, but on all AES equipped airports, I am thinking that PMDG and AES do not like each other, I am turning AES OFF and going to try again tonite and see if that helps.

I've had this problem, read somewhere to reduce traffic to 30% or less, it fixed the problem for me

Going from a non AES airport to AES eqpuipped airport can cause a CTD. So I read somwhere.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.