Sign in to follow this  

Hello all.I was hoping to find some suggestions on an issue I'm having.I have the 6790 HD card setup on (3) monitors running FS9.I am having a horrible issue with artifacting. Weird textures flashing all over the place. Seems to happen more while on the ground at airports. However it still does it in flight just not as much.I am running the latest Catalyst driver set. In addition, I thought perhaps it could be a heat issue so I took the side off of the PC and directed a heavy duty fan towards the video card. Problem still persists.I did turn off "Render to Texture" in the FS9 display settings and that made it stop for awhile. But as soon as I neared the airport the problem returned so I dont believe this had much to do with it.It is defintely having issues with the textures of some sort as much of the artifacting is flashes of textures horribly distorted.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest jahman

CCC v. 11.11 was released a few hours ago. Perhaps that's something you can try...Cheers,- jahman.

Jahman,I installed the new 11.11's and updated the motherboard drivers and bammy - problem solved. Did a 1 hour test flight and only noticed it one time on the right 90° monitor which shows part of the right engine and wing. As stated it was brief and diappeared quickly. In addition, framerates and fluidity have improved as well. Have counter set to 30 and never once dropped below 22 in thick cloud coverage.Many thanks.

Guest jahman

Good to hear, Mitch! Keep the shiny side up!Cheers,- jahman.