Sign in to follow this  
dolin

Need advice

Hi, after a long time I'm back to simulation, and I've forgotten a couple of things.First: after rebuilding the scenery database, 6 files are created in the main FSX folder, what should I do with them?Second: about a year ago I asked here how I could define permanently the comm frequencies for an airport which hadn't them (so I could have realistic frequencies without having to insert them every single time before starting a flight). However recently I've had to reinstall RC4, so all these changes got lost with the files.I want to do this operation once again, but I forgot how. Can anyone help me?Much appreciated, thank you

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

RC will copy the needed files if you follow the following procedure. First be sure makerwys and FSUIPC is updated after your new install from the base and interim version links posted in the pinned topic. I also advise checking your registry path entries for FS by using this free utility registry checker before updating FSUIPC. In VISTA or Win 7 right click on it and select run as admin.http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=libraryAfter you update these proceed as follows:--------------------------------The RC scenery rebuild is all about airport data for runways, taxi paths, hold shorts, and parking affecting both ai and user aircraft locations.If on Win 7 or VISTA be sure you have set up RC with a shortcut having set the shortcut properties to run as admin which is a program access level, different from a user access level. That is the same as right clicking on rcv4.exe and selecting run as admin. It allows RC to talk with FS via FSUIPC and also for the scenery rebuild allow it to access the FS folder and from within RC run makerwys.exe.Be sure you have entered the correct path to FS when asked during a scenery rebuild. I keep my path in a text file so I can copy the paste (ctrl-v) into the path dialog box during the build. My RC and FS are on the same pc. Here is what my path looks like:h:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9For users with a dual FS install of RC there are two separate folders. For FS9 it is called RCv4 and for FSX it is called RCv4X. Be sure you have your RC shortcuts labeled correctly for each version and that you put in the correct FS9 or FSX path for the RC scenery rebuild for the version you are running. The rebuild must be run separately for each version.For a non-networked RC client to an FS host (both on the same PC) answer NO to the wide FS question and proceed. For an RC networked client to a host pc with FS you must run in this case only makerwys.exe in your FS folder directly first. When complete start RC and and from within rebuild the scenery data. This time answer yes to is this a WideFS installation and then proceed entering the network path to your FS folder.You can see makerwys running first by clicking OK to its first dialog box, then watching it count up runways and airports sometimes reversing the count and then increasing it again due to the way it works in handling add-on scenery. Then click OK. In RC you should see a message r4.csv built. Click OK. Then you see a message building a4.csv. Click OK. Then you should see a message like a4.csv built. Click OK. It is a good idea to wait about thirty second for any disk writes to finish. You can then close RC and it is ready to run.After a successful new install you must update FSUIPC and makerwys since they are newer than the distribution versions. Please see the link at the forum top. Then start rebuild the scenery database again using the non-WifeFS or WideFS procedures.To check that an update worked if necessary go to your FS folder. Find r5.csv and right click on it. Check the modified date to insure it matches the date-time you ran the procedure. Then go to your rcv4 or rcv4x data folder. Right click on r4.csv and a4.csv to check their modified date-time stamps. They should be very close to the time noted in checking r5.csv.-------------------------------------To permanently change comm frequencies in the RC4data folder make a safe copy of f4.csv. You will need to edit this file so the backup is essential to return to it if necessary without reinstalling RC again.Open the file in a text editor such as notepad or wordpad using the open with command by right clicking on f4.csv. Be sure when you change a frequency you replace each character not altering any spaces or commas. Just drag over the value to change. Then save the file in text format with save as and make sure the filename remains r4.csv. Do not use Excel or other spreadsheet format.The format of the line is:ICAO Code, name, Wx/ATIS, CD, Ground, Tower, UNICOM, (unknown), Approach, DepartureYou can put zeros in any field to remove a freq.It is possible GND and DEP may be reversed. The Controller tab in RC shows the frequencies allocated.Attached is a sample in .pdf format to preserve spacing;

Thank you very much, that's allI needed

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb