Sign in to follow this  
wardp

FSX ATC Approach Issue

HiI have a problem with the FSX ATC trying to land at Heathrow airport. The last 5 times I have tried I have been told yo descend to 10,000 Ft with a heading of 275 in preparation for ILS runway 9L. But each time I have been sent around 70-80 miles to the west then my IFR flight plan was cancelled. I used to use the Aerosoft Heathrow Mega Airport scenery but yesterday I bought the UK 2000 Heathrow scenery but this has made no difference.I didn't used to have this problem so I wonder if I have a corrupt file for the approach, but if I have has anyone any idea which it might be?I know the FSX ATC is prone to abandoning your flight plan on occaissions but this happens every time I try to land at Heathrow.RegardsPhilI should add that I have checked the AFCAD files and the only active ones for EGLL are the default FSX and the UK2000 EGLL.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

The exact reason i file EVERY flight VFR...wether its a cessna or a a380, clear skies or thunderstorms..In IFR condition, fsx wont give you takeoff clearance( if filed VFR), so i simply listen to ATIS and get the departure runway that way, same for landiing....following MY flightplan Angel.gifI do all this whilst im givin fsx atc the birdie. Shocked.giftongue.pngwink.png

There is another way, well more of a work around, you can 'file' an IFR flight plan, use it for the ATIS and take off ATC (including progressive taxi) and then after take off simply switch over to the new frequency for departure but do not contact them. You are then free to ignore it (or re tune to the new stations as and when) until landing, generally i will contact atc again when established on the glide path, perhaps even wait until the middle marker.

Ian R Tyldesley

I see! Thanks for the tip, Ian.I shall try that myelf.