Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

What is important to you in a new flight sim?

Addons and Flight  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Microsoft Flight if it was Hawaii only?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, but only if Flight can be expanded with more scenery later
  2. 2. Which 5 features would be most important for you to have improved (from X-Plane 9 and/or FSX standards) in a new flight simulator?

• Detailed and realistic scenery
    • Realistic flight dynamics
    • GA Aircraft
    • Airliners
    • Military Aircraft
    • Realistic weather
    • Missions, careers and gameplay
    • Multiplayer options
    • Many different aircraft, nice graphics, but only medium fidelity and realism
    • Few, but very realistic aircraft
    • Easy to use scenery creation tool so anyone can make their own house, airport and/or town in flight simulator
    • Medium graphics so it can be used on mid range computers
    • Awesome graphics that would utilise the best hardware avilable to the max
    • Open to third party payware and freeware developers
    • 2D cockpit
    • Virtual cockpit
    • Video recording ability
    • Good map and navigation planning tools
    • Ability to simulate ships, cars and trains in the same simulator
    • Possibility to upgrade the AIRAC and that the AI follow flight plans that can be updated too

Trying a poll to see where the AVSIM-crowd lands...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The poll is asking me to answer each questions, and clearly i can't. NevermindI would add the option that the Sim has the possibility to upgrade the AIRAC and that the AI follow flight plans that can be updated too.

Your wish has been granted :)

I would add "improved ATC" as well.I chose realistic scenery, weather, flight dynamics, etc.. Better realism being the key.

Alexander Alonso

This is getting ridiculous! Flight is not going to be Hawaii only. It is just an enhanced area…same as they have been doing for years.

Alex, ATC improvements should have been included. Sorry! The poll is limited to 20 options so too late to edit now I'm afraid.

Cloud shadows is noted. Anyone else in for cloud shadows and/or ATC improvemts just leave a comment and I'll count you in when adding everything up.

Cloud shadows would be nice, since it should be part of the engine, but as for ATC there are developers who can take care of that much better.

This is getting ridiculous! Flight is not going to be Hawaii only. It is just an enhanced area…same as they have been doing for years.
Probably not but you may have to buy other places you want to fly over from the store to unlock them.

Probably not but you may have to buy other places you want to fly over from the store to unlock them.
Then again, you may also have to guess how many pink elephants fit into a Boeing 747 before you can take off.

Then again, you may also have to guess how many pink elephants fit into a Boeing 747 before you can take off.
Or, you may also have to guess how many pink elephants fit into a 10GB DVD.

Rubbish.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.