Sign in to follow this  
civil714

Question on Landing Lights

I recently reinstalled my PMDG 737NGX and none of my lights are not showing on the runway. This is happening on any livery I install. They work and look great on the airplane but nothing on the runway. Does anybody have a fix to this problem?Thank-you,

I have the same problem. No lights on the runway, not from the cockpit nor from outside view. Have no idea what's the problem.TxBenny K

As far as I know lights are only visible at night on the ngx, no dawn or dusk, one of my only gripes about the ngx oh and the paint kit sorry pmdg

Rich Sennett

have you got aircraft illuminate the ground enabled in the fsx settings my friends
Yesterday, after posting this message above, I managed to see the lights. Hm.... That is interesting.Indeed during night, not dawn or dusk which I am yet to check. I do not fly a lot during night time so maybe I missed something or the time was sort of dawn or dusk. One of the reasons I do not fly a lot during night time is the "pitch dark", absolutely black, environment i see on my screen. Is that soemthing we can change using the screen or color setup? And how? I have a Nvidia GTX260 graphic board.TxBenny K

I am thinking of getting my hands on redux Lights 3D and wonder whether this would cure this issue?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am thinking of getting my hands on redux Lights 3D and wonder whether this would cure this issue?
Shockwave lights are very good but personally it won't cure the issue..Besides PMDG and hard coded the lights on the wings and the rest have there own lights. But of course it is personal choice..

Hi Steve, thanks. Mmm, that's a bummer. If I was going to get Redux lights for any plane, it would be for the NGX...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Steve, thanks. Mmm, that's a bummer. If I was going to get Redux lights for any plane, it would be for the NGX...
I mean you can buy it and you will notice a great difference in your AI aircraft. aswell as soome scenery lights.. but for some reason i recall someone producing a config for the NGX with Shockwave lights but i think it will only work with Anticollision and landing lights.. the wing lights im pretty sure are fixed..

Mmm, OK, well at the end of the day it's not a massive amount of cash, so maybe I'll give it a shot, cheers.

Howard