Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

Goodbye MS Flight (sim)

I think you took my post out of context. I was just pointing out that Flight is not the death of the franchise, the cancelling of FS11 was. What we can say for certain is they have taken the old engine and have improved the visuals and apparently the performance, I just used the analogy of an old friend. I meant no negativity at all in that post. I agree with your thoughts, we really have too little to draw any conclusions but everyone's entitled to their own view, whether it be positive, negative or somewhere in between.You say that you don't like people filling in the blanks but is it the fact that they are filling in the blanks or is it that they are filling them in with scenarios and opinions you disagree with?What if this forum was full of only positive posts about what Flight will be, would you then still be saying they are dragging down the quality of the forum? It's fundamental to human nature to come up with the "worst case scenario" when dealing with uncertainty and there is plenty of uncertainty with Flight. Just keep in mind they are just opinions, Flight will be what it will be and opinions will change.Just my opinion of course. happy.png
+1 Great post Fsau!

I wouldn't consider missing FS5/FS95/FS98/FS2000/FS2002 as particularly heartbreaking. Personally, I thought they were incredibly disappointing.
Maybe you should look in another direction. The MS flight sims may not be for you or your expectations.

You could have said the same about FS2000/any earlier version - and you'd have massively missed out.
True. However if I understand you, MS of course did not stop at FS2000 but plodded on.Well, with FSX I think it is safe to assume that the majority of the FS9/X fans out there thoughtthat the death of Aces meant the death of this franchise, period. So, continuing to nurturethe vestiges of FS9/X would be a safe bet considering that the franchise seemed DOA (at leastfrom MS's POV {assuming}). So, after reading more of this thread, I do agree with post #31's point thatwe are all anxious and rubbing our collective hands in anticipation for eitherdisappointment or joy. I would prefer the latter..This could be the beginning of a beautiful FS experience. We shall see.FreddyFred

Guest ShinyJetSyndrome
I wouldn't consider missing FS5/FS95/FS98/FS2000/FS2002 as particularly heartbreaking. Personally, I thought they were incredibly disappointing.
So you consider waiting the 10 years between FS4 and FS9 as a logical next step? Have you ever seen the difference just between versions 4 and 5??

Europeans would crap a brick of course and I understand why.
not to mention the australians!

not to mention the australians!
Unless they expand West from Hawaii. That would leave mainland US last Whistle.gif

Unless they expand West from Hawaii. That would leave mainland US last Whistle.gif
is there actually any solid evidence that you will have to buy scenery areas? maybe MS are just using hawaii as a scenery demonstrator or something? who knows until the release date i suppose

No, there isn't. Just people drinking too much tea.

The only solid evidence is the store, please, can somebody tell me what they will be selling in it beside tea?

The only solid evidence is the store, please, can somebody tell me what they will be selling in it beside tea?
I can!They'll debut FS Stew and FS Agent, the first interactive flight attendant and booking agent!FS Stew will call you at the crack of dawn to remind you it's time to get up, she'll be waiting with a drink in her handafter that long flight, and she'll spill coffee on the FMC, causing an unforeseen electrical failure that you'll have to deal with!FS Agent will hold your pushback because of some irate passenger(s) or other Company delay that you'll think is a failure of theAircraft model, and you'll have to do a diagnostic and figure out the problem!Hey... you guys want innuendo, speculation and hearsay, right?Alan Talking Ear Off.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

The thing that worries me with this "store" is Microsoft. will they allow 3rd party developers? without 3rd party developers i wouldn't have bought fsx.

is there actually any solid evidence that you will have to buy scenery areas? maybe MS are just using hawaii as a scenery demonstrator or something? who knows until the release date i suppose
Hoorah!An inelegant comment !!And from an Aussie to.Truly remarkable. smile.pngCuppa.gif

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.