Sign in to follow this  

Some Katana 4x problems

Since the advertised 24/7 support on the Aerosoft Katana-forum is more something like 0,5/1 I'd like to ask some questions here:1. I cannot turn of the messages on the GPS: this should be done by click and holding the MSG button, but it doesn't work. Anyone else who had the same issue and managed to solve it?2. When I switch frequencies on the radio, the button is stuck 4 out of 5 times, causing the radio to go to Direct tuning mode instead of switching the frequencies. Anyone else who had the same issue and managed to solve it?3. No matter what I do, I can't get the plane to load automatically in parked mode: it's always in pre-start or taxi or pre-take off... Anyone else who had the same issue and managed to solve it?4. The weight of the pilot and/or passenger is almost always reset (pilot sometimes, passenger all the time), forcing me to click about 30 times to set my desired weights everytime I load the Katana. Anyone else who had the same issue and managed to solve it?Thans in advance!

Well, #4 is set in the data file I think. You can open it with a text editor (backup first) and alter the defaults in the [LOADING] section.Regarding #3, isn't there a menu poping up when loading the plane? You can also force 'parked' when right clicking it in the settings dialogue.Be aware that the 'almost always reset' thingy may point to a problem on saving and/or loading the previous state. So please check if all rights on that folder where the data file resides are ok and set. Same goes for FSX itself.

In the data file, ok. And that's in the Katana folder...? Do you maybe know the name of that file?Yes, there is a popup, but according to the manual the plane should be clever enough to know it should be parked in specific spots. However, even the Forced parked state in the settings has no effect. And btw the disadvantage of that one is that the plane is not set as you left it (according to the manual) but it has been parked longer so things might have changed. What I really would like to have is that the plane shows up EXACTLY as I left it... But even when I save a flight, this is not the case.I already checked rights on all relevant folders. Nothing works...Thanks for the replies: you are a LOT quicker then Aerosoft. :(

I think clicking 'none' in the status popup or doing nothing there will force the last state, if it was saved correctly.Find the data file at C:UsersJvanEAppDataRoaming4X_DATADiamond DA20-100 'Katana' but make a backup first. Check the rights on that file and folder too, maybe something prevents a proper reading and writing.

Thanks for the information.I checked the data.cfg: the weights are saved and good...! And everything seems cold and dark as far as I can understand all the info in the cfg. However, when I start the flight and do nothing OR press None, the weights are reset again... I opened the cfg again after loading FSX and sure enough: the weights are wrong again... However, I also see a 'weight memory' entry there, which shows the default weights: I'll change them to my liking and see what happens.So the data IS saved in the cfg, but the Katana refuses to read that same data and somehow overwrites it with the default settings...EDITYEAH! Editing the memory weights did the trick: when the plane loaded I pressed Parked in the menu which brought the Katana in the state I wanted and behold, the weights were the ones I want! After quitting FSX the memory weights in the cfg were still the ones I want.That's two problems solved! Thanks!Now I've still got weird buttons

Glad it works now.I only know the expensive solution to GPS problems so far, so I will leave it out. laugh.png On the radios, I'm in simple mode (got some hardware panel for them), so I'm of no use.

hi,I also had some serious issues with DA 20. I asked for help on the aerosoft forum but was told that I was an idiot because I was unable to make the aircraft work, that I had to read the manual and so forth. It is a ruleless forum. Too bad because the aircraft has some nice features.

Yankeegolf3, could it be that you relate all the rude stuff to just one member over there?The dev itself, Marcel Felde (which surely isn't the member you are referring to), is a competent and friendly guy, but I think he is very busy too.However, can you name the issues with this nice plane? I'm sure some Avsim folks around can help or give tips. smile.png She has a lot of fans, including me.As a side note, the next update for her (1.03a) may be about to start soon.

CoolP, yes I am refering to one member. His comments are incredibly offensive.I've been in contact with Marcel. Sure he is a nice guy, unfortunately he could not find a solution to the problems that I have (some simmers have the same problems). I was able to find workarounds though.The problems I had were the stuck prop lever (solved), an electrical failure after engine start (solved with CTRL E) and control stick oscillations with the aircraft on the ground (mysteriously solved by starting the engine when the oscillations show ).Please tell me when the patch is released

I think I remember the posts and the problems. I still have no clue though. Did that one help on the Ctrl-E thingy?I've looked into my shop account and 1.03a is there. I didn't see an announcement so far, so all current 1.02 and 1.03 users have something new to install. smile.pngEdited. I see somebody has already posted a HU over at Aerosoft. http://forum.aerosof...released-today/

I also know the expensive solution for the GPS problem, and yes, it's too expensive for just one button that doesn't work... ;)About the Aerosoft forum: if you want to have a laugh (or should I say 'if you want to feel sad'...), look for my recent topics in the Katana forum and read what the guy you are talking about says about Avsim and the advice I've received here... Mind you, advice that in the end solved one of my problems! ;) Since he dislikes Avsim that much, I also wonder how he knew I posted things over here, hahaha! Still, it's a shame: that guy is indeed one of a kind but I kinda liked how he offered help: I am really sorry I am on his ignore list now. (Seriously, no sarcasm here).Finally, if posting on the official support forum has no result (and no replies from the officials) I don't think it is odd to try it on another forum. The official forum is the forum you go to first, but if it doesn't work... what else can you do?Enough about all this, though. I still have problems with some buttons... help! ;)

Thanks for the heads-up on the update, CoolP. Downloading it now.As for the rude poster over at the Aerosoft forum, I avoid additional Aerosoft products and specifically that forum as much as possible, because of him. I did post about a sound error that I received and while it was unfortunate that I did not find a solution, I felt fortunate that the "snarky" poster did not check in... ;)

Alexander Alonso

I also know the expensive solution for the GPS problem, and yes, it's too expensive for just one button that doesn't work... ;)About the Aerosoft forum: if you want to have a laugh (or should I say 'if you want to feel sad'...), look for my recent topics in the Katana forum and read what the guy you are talking about says about Avsim and the advice I've received here... Mind you, advice that in the end solved one of my problems! ;) Since he dislikes Avsim that much, I also wonder how he knew I posted things over here, hahaha! Still, it's a shame: that guy is indeed one of a kind but I kinda liked how he offered help: I am really sorry I am on his ignore list now. (Seriously, no sarcasm here).Finally, if posting on the official support forum has no result (and no replies from the officials) I don't think it is odd to try it on another forum. The official forum is the forum you go to first, but if it doesn't work... what else can you do?Enough about all this, though. I still have problems with some buttons... help! ;)
Yeah! This guy has been banned from Avsim, no wonder he dislikes Avsim. Last month I went to a conference on Human Relationships where I met a psychologist who was preparing a work on people's behavior while cowardly hiding behind a nickname, and this guy is an important figure in his study. I won't tell here the words that psychologist used to qualify the guy (I am writing "guy" because the word "gentleman" does not apply for this person).Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

lol...i love how you all speak about the guy ''from down south'' who ''cowardly hides behind a nickname'' ...(what, did none of you see his REAL name in his sig?).........................in a forum his banned from...Ironic really.I find him hilariose actually.And to say you aviod aerosoft products because of this 1 guy..ROFL..You really are wishing for someone from aerosoft to read that and start shaking at the knees, and go rushing to ban him from the forum.