Sign in to follow this  
Shayan Molaei

Performance problem in FSX

Hi guys,Is there any one who knows what should I do about my FSX performance?I don't get a smooth FSX even though I have a powerful pc.Is there any one who knows what should I do to get a smooth FSX (On high settings and with addons)?If you know how please help!!My system info:Intle® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz12.0 GB RAMAMD Radeon HD 6950, 2.0 GB

HiYou must overklock you cpu to at least 4,5GHz!Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

I think your primary problem is that FSX doesn't play so well with AMD cards. There may be some workarounds, but I'm not too familiar with AMD/ATI cards in general. You might want to head over to the GPU forum and see if anybody is successfully running an AMD card there. I think there's a few around here who claim it can be done. Last resort - consider a GTX 560.Overclocking should help, but if you don't have the k version of that CPU, you are very limited. I think you can take it up to 4.0 GHz, though. That and a proper GPU setup should yield very respectable performance.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Guest jahman

Since you are using an AMD video card, you should apply Bojote's Tweaks (else your FPS with clouds will be horrible!)Cheers,- jahman.

Yeah I can see that! Hope FSX was like FS9! I can run that one perfectly with plenty of addons!Hopefully the next simulator will solve these kinds of problems.