Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

How to use the VC lights correctly?

Hey fallows,I have a question about how to use the light in the VC correctly, so.1.whats the anti collision lights effecting on?2. is the panel lights turn on and off the passenger cabin lights?3.I know hot to light the cockpit in two ways but i saw on pictures that there's another, i light it with the sparkle light the sparkle the gauges which darker and on the upper panel there's a button thats really light all the cockpit, is there any other way?i know there is near the place that i rotate to sparkle the forward panel a couple of switches that light the forward panel sronger but except for that, is there more switches like that? thanks any help appreciate, Daniel

1. : You have to turn on it before engine start! Everyone on the ground knows, that you will start them soon.

1) Anticollision already answered2) I've not checked on NGX, however panel lights turn on panel lights. For the cabin there is a section on the CDU.I noticed yesterday, taking off in external view that cabin lights were off during take off, and it is a nice addition as for these phase of flight they are off to let eyes to be ready in case of emergency.3)Any panel has its lighting switches/knobs.Pilots panel have their background panel lighting, or flood light. 1 panel light knob for each pilot, 1 AFDS (MCP) flood light, 1 Flood light that illuminates the front panels.Overhead panel has 3 light controls, one for the background of the panel, one for circuit breakers, and one for the Dome light. (there is also the guarded emergency light switch)Pedestal has 2 knobs, one for flood light and one for panel light.Other lights are the map lights that illuminates map holder.Inflight, or in ground, when not needed, the dome light must be off, use only panel lighting as it lets pilots to better see outside

Regards

Andrea Daviero

1) Anticollision already answered2) I've not checked on NGX, however panel lights turn on panel lights. For the cabin there is a section on the CDU.I noticed yesterday, taking off in external view that cabin lights were off during take off, and it is a nice addition as for these phase of flight they are off to let eyes to be ready in case of emergency.3)Any panel has its lighting switches/knobs.Pilots panel have their background panel lighting, or flood light. 1 panel light knob for each pilot, 1 AFDS (MCP) flood light, 1 Flood light that illuminates the front panels.Overhead panel has 3 light controls, one for the background of the panel, one for circuit breakers, and one for the Dome light. (there is also the guarded emergency light switch)Pedestal has 2 knobs, one for flood light and one for panel light.Other lights are the map lights that illuminates map holder.Inflight, or in ground, when not needed, the dome light must be off, use only panel lighting as it lets pilots to better see outside
THANKS for the freat answer, where can i light the cabin? i cant find it anywhere, Daniel

I think you must at least open the manual provided...How is supposed to fly a complex simulation like the NGX if you don't know were the lights are?There are a lot of manuals installed with the product. Start with the tutorial...

Regards

Andrea Daviero

THANKS for the freat answer, where can i light the cabin? i cant find it anywhere, Daniel
The cabin lights can be controlled in a sub-menu of the options on the CDU (where the FMC is). They are set to Automatic by default, but you can also manually change the cabin light brightness in increments there. I don't know where exactly that option is hidden from the top of my head, but I'm sure you will find it when you click yourself through the menus.

For what it's worth, the Groundwork section in the AOA training has a really great thing on the cockpit lighting. I learned a lot despite thinking I knew more than enough about the lighting.-stefan