Sign in to follow this  
factory15

Is there a way to disable the "V2" callout?

Yes, in the FMS go into the a/c setup section and there's an option to enable/disable the aural call-outs, including also the EGPWS call-outs.Louis

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

In my NGX the " rotate " call out is overlapped to the V1 one ....... I can hear them together and in the same time even if V1 prevails..... a small issue

In my NGX the " rotate " call out is overlapped to the V1 one ....... I can hear them together and in the same time even if V1 prevails..... a small issue
yes when v1/vr are the same speed. I see a setting for v1 in the setup but not V2 specifically

yes when v1/vr are the same speed. I see a setting for v1 in the setup but not V2 specifically
Hmm.... do you mean that I have to manually tweak the FMC results about take off speeds to workaround the issue ?

They made those callouts because a lot of people here ask for them. heheh and now there are some that complains because are there.Hilarious

The PMDG can play for callouts in flight simulator. The virtual Fo can say V1 "V1", Vr "Rotate" and V2 "V2". The fourth callout is done by the plane and is only Vr "Rotate". Somewhere in the FMC you can disable the FO callouts. So the FO doesn't say his three callouts anymore. The callout made by the plane at Vr can also be switched off in the options menue in the FMC. When the plane starts and V1 = VR and the copilot say V1 the plane (if euiped so) will say 'Rotate' probably at the same time. So it isn't a bug, it is a feature.

I'm ok with V1 and Rotate...i'm not sure if its the plane or the FO calling out V2 but thats the only one I'd like to disable

The PMDG can play for callouts in flight simulator.The virtual Fo can say V1 "V1", Vr "Rotate" and V2 "V2".The fourth callout is done by the plane and is only Vr "Rotate".Somewhere in the FMC you can disable the FO callouts. So the FO doesn't say his three callouts anymore.The callout made by the plane at Vr can also be switched off in the options menue in the FMC.When the plane starts and V1 = VR and the copilot say V1 the plane (if euiped so) will say 'Rotate' probably at the same time.So it isn't a bug, it is a feature.
Actually this is V1 not VR. There is also an option to turn that off in the FMC.
I'm ok with V1 and Rotate...i'm not sure if its the plane or the FO calling out V2 but thats the only one I'd like to disable
The Plane calls out V1(setting in the FMC). The FO calls out V1, VR, V2. If you turn off the FO callouts, you turn off all 3 FO call outs. It also has no affect on the EGPWS callouts, those have separate settings.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Boeing cockpit says just V1All other callouts made by pilots depending on company SOP. I removed them, because on 600-700 often you have V1 and Vr very close to each other 1-2 knots difference or even the same. So when you rollout on the runway, at V1 the plane says firstly ROTATE and then V1. I don't like this. I prefer to announce it by my self Loser.gif