Sign in to follow this  
scootersm

AFCAD help

Hey I have a couple of AFCADS that I know of that have ILS approaches in them but the Default ATC does not recognize them, One was from here on AVSIM downloads for MMUN and the other KMCO from Blue Print international. Running FS9 Windows 7, use AFX, there are no other duplicat AFCADS in addon scenery have searched. On KMCO it recognizes ILS 36R and 18R but not 35 R/L and 17 R/L. MMUN 12L but not 12R.

Well the question is whether the AFCAD you have is excluding stock approaches and then not replacing them. I do not think AFX handles approach code so you may not be able to check in the file for the presence of approach code. However it might tell you if the DeleteAllApproaches flag is set to true or not.

What about AFCAD2?I had another thought, the AFCAD its self is not in the addon scenery/scenery folder but in the file under addon scenery/KMCO.....would that have an issue

No AFCAD 2 is very similar to AFX. Scenery priority could affect what is seen. Also are the approaches that have gone missing available at the stock airport or are they something the addon developer added?

Yes the scenery added a new runway 35R and 17L runway 35L and 17R are in the default scenery. It does how ever recognized the RNAV appraoches for those mentioned the aircraft responds to the ILS as it should.

Well unless the developer created approaches for the new runway then they will not exist. I assume the runways have ILS on them but there is no approach code to allow you to fly them - do they work if you approach the airport, intersect the ILS and fly it manually?