Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Is it just me or..............

I don't see the reversers open during replays? The sounds are there though.Anyone else see this?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I believe that's an FSX limitation. I use FSRecorder which does show the animations. The default FSX replay does not show complex animations.

Yeah, the replay is essentially a paused sim, allowing slew, so it doesn't show all the animations.

Kyle Rodgers

nothing shows in replays in fsx. the instruments all say the plane is shut down basically. and you also cant see flaps or spoilers. quite bare of fsx
Don't know about that becaue I just watched a bog standard FSX replay on a high end addon and saw reverse, spoilers etc. showing

David Porrett

Don't know about that becaue I just watched a bog standard FSX replay on a high end addon and saw reverse, spoilers etc. showing
Really? Did you use the standard fsx replay feature?? I have never been able to see any "features" I know a bunch of people don see anything either. What aircraft were you using??

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Not so much what aircraft are you using but more like...................What type of halucination inducing drugs are you taking ?LOL.gif
Only blood pressure pills, don't think they induce hallucinations!Seriously though, and I repeated it with the same add-on. The add-on is a product that is not to be mentioned here Whistle.gif but the reverser animation in replay works fine, as well as spoiler deployment. I'd post a screen shot but .....

David Porrett

You are allowed to mention other products here. It is not considered 'cool' to overly praise or overly bash them, but there is no need to pretend they don't exist.

nothing shows in replays in fsx. the instruments all say the plane is shut down basically. and you also cant see flaps or spoilers. quite bare of fsx.
Not fully true. You do get spoiler and thrust reverser action with the 747-400x and I think on the MD-11X you just see the spoilers but not the reversers or it might be other way around I forget. The reason there is no animation with the NGX is cause of the complexity and the way PMDG pushed the limits of FSX's capabilities.One of my biggest pet peeves has been the FSDT and Flight Beam scenery. When you do a replay at other payware airports the scenery is still visible. When you do it with FSDT or FlightBeam then the scenery dissappears and I have always hated this cause I like to watch the replays of my landings and make Youtube movies.So imagine my suprise when I started using FS-Recorder for my replays! Viola everything works perfect! All the plane animations work (Yes even the NGX) and all the airport scenery gets recorded and as a bonus you can even record the AI or Online Vatsim traffic as well. Very easy solution, just download FS-Recorder. http://www.fs-recorder.net/

I believe that's an FSX limitation. I use FSRecorder which does show the animations. The default FSX replay does not show complex animations.
Hello,Do you loose FPS performance with this tool?Bert Van Bulkc

I have not noticed any issues with performance while using it. It pretty much runs behind the scenes. You can use it one of 2 ways. You can start recording at a certain point then stop the recording so it is permanent and you can always watch it again later. Or you could just use it for watching an instant replay which is not permanently saved in which case you would lose it after you exited FSX.