Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Can anyone relate to this...?

Dear pilots, I am having some issues of late with the ngx.Whenever i try and fly at night or dusk & dawn transition i seem to get flat frames for a max of 10 secs then its ok again then 5 mins later it does it again .* It does not do it during the day*I run a few aeorosft airports and uk2000plus REX 2.0i only have the 800 NGX in at the moment i can not get my head around this one tried all sorts of things but it certainly can't be the addons because they are fine during the day ? I hope someone can help and maybe shed some light on thisRegards Steve

This is an issue with the smoothing of textures, where from what I have read about it, FSX calls both day and night textures into memory at once--therefore doubling the video memory needed at that time amongst other things.Once known way that sometimes helps is to go into your FSX.CFG and find the [sCENERY] line.Once there, change the line:

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1 

to

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=0

Yeah mine is already set to =0 It is not that because it's still doing it. I have only ever known this with this plane..Thank you anyway .Steve

OK, try it the other way then. Switch it to =1. The NGX is a beast in terms of how much memory is required, so you may have never noticed it with other addons because they don't require as much horse power, so to speak.See also: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349272-lousy-performance-and-sunset-sunrise/page__view__findpost__p__2115423

Awesome, glad that helped. Incidentally, I flew a 4am departure from Heathrow to Innsbruck yesterday, landing at the crack of dawn in the valley. Beautiful flight, but for the first time I noticed cracks on the MFD that I'd never noticed before. No big deal, but I checked and I don't have the dusk/dawn smoothing fix checked myself, so my computer was probably working overtime!