Sign in to follow this  
readyfortakeoff

No jetway!

I am having this problem, which is, every time I start at a gate there is no Jetway. No matter what gate I go to there no Jetway. I have advanced animations on with sliders very dense. I can taxi up to one and everything works fine but not when I start a flight. I have tried heavy,medium and small gates nothing. I even tried to move to a gate that had one but when I moved over, the gate disappeared. Is there a setting in the aircraft.cfg or FSX.cfg that I should be looking for?ThanksRick

What does this have to do with the NGX? Or PMDG at all. You should post this in the FSX forum as you will get a better response.

Sorry for not being clearer.....because it only happens with NGX...all other A/C stock or add-on work
I'm afraid that aircraft does not anything to do with the jetways, Does this happen to you in one particular airport scenery?

I think I may have experienced something similar. When I set up FSX to run NGX I reduced the slider for Autogen density below normal. This resulted in losing all the Jetways with no noticeable improvement in performance. I am not sure if this will help you but it is worth checking.

Dave Boreham

I think I may have experienced something similar. When I set up FSX to run NGX I reduced the slider for Autogen density below normal. This resulted in losing all the Jetways with no noticeable improvement in performance. I am not sure if this will help you but it is worth checking.
Jetways are related to scenery complexity (or something like that). I have autogen off and still get operational jetways.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I guess you type Ctrl "j" ?Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Strange that one. I park any of the NGX models at a jetway and press ctrl J and it moves to the door. I even have a camera view set up in EZDok to watch it and monitor it. No problems here.But my son recently had a similar problem in that I used an MS Oil Rig at the specific location for the real life Piper Alpha one closest to Aberdeen. On this I made the platform landable for a chopper and made it into one that includes a GPS position RIG1, it even says Piper Alpha when you type in RIG1 to start from in your scenario or to go to using the GPS. Next I added a large cargo ship that rolled with the waves and sailed out of Aberdeen Harbour, its a tidal harbour so a little bit wild coming out and I got this to show-my Dad lived there so I had plenty of info. The ship then takes 1 hour to sail to Peterhead Harbour where its joined by a second cargo ship and they both then set sail for the rig, about another 5 hours journey. My son wanted to use this as he`s practicing and learning choppers and liked the look of the rig with the flames shooting out and being able to land and take off from the pod high up in the air. Now he had the same problem, got close to the ships and they vanished. We tried allsorts, made all .bgl traffic files the FSX type in case any FS9 types had crept in ( a problem that stops ships appearing when any FS9 .bgl files are found). We ran them through a filter to be sure and converted them to full FSX. Checked the settings, checked and rechecked the sailing times. Both in the .kml files that make the route and physically me sat at the rig on the pod trying all different times. Lots of other stuff too. Fortunately or unfortunately he had another problem and had to reinstall FSX, so he wiped the drive and started over. Added the RIG1 stuff and not a single problem anywhere. FSX, the rig, the ships all now work perfectly. So we`re still not sure what the problem was.Now that's a big step to take to get the jetways working and I hope you find an easy and quick fix. But if your drive is ready for a clean up campaign anyway then sometimes its worth biting the bullet and going for it. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted. My son is going to get Acceleration next because I added GPS facilities to some aircraft carriers too. With the F18 and other aircraft tripping the wire and using the catapult its probably very tempting for him. Especially as I have one that uses a lift to take the aircraft below decks. But just like the jetways its so maddening when some facility like this suddenly stops working with no apparent reason.Steve

Ctr J does work when I taxi to the gate but when I start a flight, no matter what airport I am at the a/c is at the gate but with no Jetway. Very Aggravating!!Autogen is on very dense. I just can't pin down when this started to happen. I know it started after SP1 but exactly when is what I'm trying to sort out.My hard drive is way to complex to "clean up",It would take me a life time to do over again. I don't have the medication for that.Is there a setting in a cfg. file that makes them work that I could look at?Thanks guys for all your support, If there is a solution I will most definitely find it here!

Strange that one. I park any of the NGX models at a jetway and press ctrl J and it moves to the door. I even have a camera view set up in EZDok to watch it and monitor it. No problems here.But my son recently had a similar problem in that I used an MS Oil Rig at the specific location for the real life Piper Alpha one closest to Aberdeen. On this I made the platform landable for a chopper and made it into one that includes a GPS position RIG1, it even says Piper Alpha when you type in RIG1 to start from in your scenario or to go to using the GPS. Next I added a large cargo ship that rolled with the waves and sailed out of Aberdeen Harbour, its a tidal harbour so a little bit wild coming out and I got this to show-my Dad lived there so I had plenty of info. The ship then takes 1 hour to sail to Peterhead Harbour where its joined by a second cargo ship and they both then set sail for the rig, about another 5 hours journey. My son wanted to use this as he`s practicing and learning choppers and liked the look of the rig with the flames shooting out and being able to land and take off from the pod high up in the air. Now he had the same problem, got close to the ships and they vanished. We tried allsorts, made all .bgl traffic files the FSX type in case any FS9 types had crept in ( a problem that stops ships appearing when any FS9 .bgl files are found). We ran them through a filter to be sure and converted them to full FSX. Checked the settings, checked and rechecked the sailing times. Both in the .kml files that make the route and physically me sat at the rig on the pod trying all different times. Lots of other stuff too. Fortunately or unfortunately he had another problem and had to reinstall FSX, so he wiped the drive and started over. Added the RIG1 stuff and not a single problem anywhere. FSX, the rig, the ships all now work perfectly. So we`re still not sure what the problem was.Now that's a big step to take to get the jetways working and I hope you find an easy and quick fix. But if your drive is ready for a clean up campaign anyway then sometimes its worth biting the bullet and going for it. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted. My son is going to get Acceleration next because I added GPS facilities to some aircraft carriers too. With the F18 and other aircraft tripping the wire and using the catapult its probably very tempting for him. Especially as I have one that uses a lift to take the aircraft below decks. But just like the jetways its so maddening when some facility like this suddenly stops working with no apparent reason.Steve
Hi SteveAny way you could make thia vailable as a download. Sound really interesting having the Piper Alpha there and some good animated boats.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

I started working on it a few years back and never completed the Aberdeen Harbour and Peterhead Harbour. I had boxes on the ground, ramps, forlift trucks, more boats in each harbour and allsorts of stuff. Unfortunately my failed spine op and consequent meds have killed my memory and thought control as a side effect. I guess I`ll never finish them now. But I`ll work on releasing what I have left, I lost the harbour contents and still hope to find them on another computer, theirs 7 and spare drives here + loads of doscs.What I see as working is the RIG1 GPS, so you can start on the pod, put in RIG1 and locate the rig from anywhere in the world and fly to it. Hopefully not too far away if its a chopper. You can see the ships leave a simple harbour at aberdeen and sail an hour up coast to Peterhead then the two sail for the rig. They do this twice a day outward and twice back usually 6 hours apart. The cranes on the rig turn, their are some men on the rig waving inc one stuck in the metalwork and then theirs the flames. 06:12 am local time in the Spring I know for a fact you`ll see the Aberdeen one in the harbour waiting to sail at 06:18am local time. It will reach Perterhead about 07:18 local time when the Peterhead one sails.At 17:50 Local Time (16:50 GMT) if you`re on the rig you`ll see both ships in the distance making their way to the rig. They`ll move to a turning point then one will go down the left side of the rig and one down the right. I think they leave an hour apart rather than together but one of the .kml files in text format will give an indication of the times. The scenario is good for practicing take off and landing from the pod, these ships and cargo are not the type you can land on though-you`ll go straight through them. Its also a lot of fun to use any kind of boat plane and fool about a bit following the ships.The GPS aircraft carriers were in Avsim before it went down, not sure if they were rescued. I recall one was set in Plymouth and another in the Saudi area somewhere. I can always upload them again, sure I still have them. I`ll place a message back in here when the rig is released, shouldn`t take long-though its a long time since I`ve done this and the meds don`t help so bear with me. Just glad to see someone get some fun out of them, I know I have. I use the EH101 on the rig and I can fly here a foot off the ground in a hover so it feels really good but still nerve wracking on the rig. If you use a yoke forget it, plug your joystick in to land a chopper on the rig. Think its 100 miles+ from the coast. Sorry this isn`t about the NGX folks, bear with this silly old semi invalid, its a one off bit of escapism.Steve