Sign in to follow this  
kraven84

manual procedure turn and fuel planning

Turn right to intercept the LLZ at MAY D23 or at MID D5.Bert Van Bulck
I did exactly as you said. I was coming from the MAY R277 radial, heading to MID. When I was exactly 5 miles from MID. I started my turn to the runway heading (080). My TAS was 145 at that moment. So my bank angle was 0.15 x 145 = 22.75 degrees. So I turned at 5 miles from MID at a bank angle of 23 degrees. But the turn seemed to be way to sharp and I came out way to early. I had to straighten out my turn shortly and fly straight on a little to intercept the localizer. Why is this? What did I do wrong?Thanks!

it is because of radius of a turn and it depends on speed of an aircraft. when speed of a/c changes, the radius changes also

Did you fly with real weather? Wind WILL blow you off unless you correct for it.