Sign in to follow this  
Edspace

What plane is it in screenshots 4 and 11

Anyone able to identify this plane from the cockpit view. Screenshot 4 is taken from approach to Lihue airport PHLI. The ILS frequency is correct for the runway, but the coms1 frequency is set to 124.850 and I cannot find what that is tuned to or the NAV2 frequency for that matter.

Ofcourse the pics would help immensly.....

Anyone able to identify this plane from the cockpit view. Screenshot 4 is taken from approach to Lihue airport PHLI. The ILS frequency is correct for the runway, but the coms1 frequency is set to 124.850 and I cannot find what that is tuned to or the NAV2 frequency for that matter.
Look at MAY 2011 set, screenshot number 1 - that's an RV7? I believe that's the one in your shots.PhillEdit update: Looks like the RV-7A because it has the nosewheel.

124.850 KMIA_APP

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Nice one, I knew someone would know. Couldn't find any pictures of that cockpit you see. The frequency still doesn't make any sense though, maybe it's not meant to.

They had to give us some sort of hint. Even if it's a crazy one, it still is a hint. :(

Brandon Filer

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

124.850 KMIA_APP
That’s just one of many, locations throughout the world where that freq is used. It’s a very common freq. Just not around the Hawaiian Islands.

It is entirely likely that the person shooting the screenshot didn't bother to tune the COM1 radio to any specific frequency, only tuning NAV1 because it was necessary for the CDI to work properly!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.