Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Scenery error message when loading FSX

I'm getting an error message when loading FSXGold after installing addon scenery succesfuly.I get: "Addon SceneryEKRKEKRK-ROSKILDESCENERYSSCENERY AREA123 not found"Scenery area is Deafult terrain on the list in the library.ON my addon scenery folder in my FSX tree I have:Addon Scenery first on the FSX folder tree,inside it I have myaddon scenery folders for various etc,etc...Inside it i HAVE ADDON SCENERIES AND ADDON SCENERY ( i SHOULD MENTION HERE THAT THIS ADDON SCENERY FOLDER CORRESPONDS TO EKRK; The author named it ADDON Scenery!). Inside I have EKRK-ROSKILDE Folder and scenery folder which contains the BGL's corresponding to it.I ahve done various attempts in windows 7 to install this scenery pack...Seems to me like I have deleted,after dumping previous attempts and important folder. I've tried to resore my system to a previous date but my antivirus,even though dissable Avira won't let me restore.Still the new scenery shows,Just want to get rid of the error message at the start of FSX. Hope this doesn't cost me a reinstall. Got the scenery Update 1 to show which is a Fuel truck...But still get the error message when loading the sim.BerlopezUntitled-8.jpg

Guest firehawk44

It means you deleted the scenery but the uninstall program did not remove the entry from the Scenery Library. You need to open the 'working' scenery.cfg (c:/program data/Microsoft/fsx) and removed area 123. Once completed, you'll need to renumber the subsequent Areas/Layers sequentually.Best regards,Jim

Hello Jim Thanks for your reply. I added the scenery manually there is no program for it. I admit in my frustration I might have deleted the wrong file. because the author of this particular pack calls the scenery Addon scenery and not by airport name? Inadvertedly I must have deleted the main scenery file,Drat!I have got as far as finding the file where you indicate...From here I'm not sure how to proceed:Scenerycfgforerrormessage.jpgberlopez

Go to this link and download FSTScenery and run it. Go to the reply from GaryGB on 11/6/07 for the download link.http://forum.simflight.com/topic/52341-the-fsx-scenerycfg-file/ Unzip it and follow the directs. This needs to go in the same folder as the scenery.cfg you have opened above. This will renumber everything correctly, you do not need to do it manually.

idahosurge: Thanks for this. Just one thing I want to point out. The scenery I opened above is the "Oldscenery" folder. Not the one below,which I suppose is the active one? Should it be this one I have to direct the progam to?,I know they have the same date.Another thing is I have just been to see what's on the link and now I'm confused as to which path I'm suppose to fallow? FSX.cfg? or C.ProgramDataMicrosofFSX??

Guest firehawk44
idahosurge: Thanks for this. Just one thing I want to point out. The scenery I opened above is the "Oldscenery" folder. Not the one below,which I suppose is the active one? Should it be this one I have to direct the progam to?,I know they have the same date.Another thing is I have just been to see what's on the link and now I'm confused as to which path I'm suppose to fallow? FSX.cfg? or C.ProgramDataMicrosofFSX??
I'm not IdahoSurge but thought I'd provide my input until her responds. The 'working' scenery.cfg is located in the folder you opened above. The non-working one is located in the FSX.cfg folder and should not be modified or deleted. Here's my favorite link to how the scenery.cfg works: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?160395-Add-on-Scenery-Files-In-Fsx.Best regards,Jim

Cry.gif ...Despite two dowloads Mmmmm...I'm getting a Run Time Error "53" File not Found????Third and more attempts...Even downloade a new file from the link. Copied it to desktop checked its' contents and moved it to the folder where my scenery.cfg is. Try to run it form in there...still get the error message?

I just download from the link, unzipped, dropped it into the folder, double clicked on it and it ran fine.I assume that you unzipped the downloaded file. Make sure UAC is completely off and if you have an antivirus program running shut it off, download it again and try that.You want scenery.cfg. Open it and make sure area.123 is deleted like it is in the one above then run FSTScenery.

idahosurge,Thanks for your reply and advice. I have downloaded several files,unzipped them to the folder that contains the scenery.cfg,as ithe one in my picture above there I get a folder FSTScenery,in that folder there's the .exe and a reame file. When I double click on the .exe I get the error message again and again...? My UAC isn't comletely off. My Antivirus Avira is a trick to turn off? Although I disable all options,for example if I were to restore computer...This fails because of the antivirus. Eventhough I have turned all option off both in it's control panel and on the taskbar options ???So I opted for something else Idea.gif I have acomplete working copy of FSXold in an external HD. From there I moved the Scenery.cfg file and added to my existing FSX in this computer. Have had to put in the scenery addons I have added. Luckily my EKRK scenery is in there too and in working order,Just had to add payware scenery I recently added.I had to unzip the file to get the executable and run it.I even moved it manually to the file and it didn't run? I guess Is my settings UAC and antivirus.Here's alittle somthing in appreciation for your help:http://youtu.be/XBOQcQO0IFIberlopez

Did you put FSTScenery.exe in the same folder scenery.cfg is in?It has to be in the same folder for it to work.

No I didn't idahosurge. I ,as I mention above took the scenery.cfg from my saved installation in the external HD and updated it from there. I'm using Peazip as unzipping utility. After I did that the sim created new scenery files I checked and all is well now.As I mention above in the post above the video my UAC isn't all the way down and my Avira antivirus despite me trying to turn it off,both in the programs'Control Center and in the task bar icon difficult to turn off? I did move FSTScenery .exe to that same folder when I double clicked on it I got the same Run-Time error "53" / File not found message?