Sign in to follow this  
cessnahku

intercepting glide slope

I am having trouble intercepting the approach path on landing, I set the frequency on nav 1, the runway heading on the course setting and click the approach button, when it intercepts it tends to turn away from the airport, what am I doing wrong? Using 737.Terry

Guest firehawk44

Make sure you are on the glideslope and it has been captured. That usually doesn't happen until around 1800 feet, sometimes a little higher. On the PFD (the big gauge on the left) you should see the marks for whether you are too high or too low or right on the glideslope. If you don't see that, then you are not on the glideslope.Best regards,Jim

Thanks for reply, it seems to intercept but it turns away from the airport and decends to the ground if I let it.Terry

Guest firehawk44
Thanks for reply, it seems to intercept but it turns away from the airport and decends to the ground if I let it.Terry
Is this the CS 737? Do you have the FSUIPC.dll installed? The same thing was happening with the CS757 until they released version 4.5. If you are following all the procedures you indicated in the OP, then it should work. If it's a commercial 737, I would do a repair by double-clicking on the execute program and selecting the 'repair' option. You could also have a corrupted dll.xml which would cause this type of behavior.Best regards,Jim

Thanks Jim for the reply, I am not clear on the " execute program and repair fix", not really sharp on computers. The plane I am using is the 737-800 from the fsx program.ThanksTerry

Guest firehawk44
Thanks Jim for the reply, I am not clear on the " execute program and repair fix", not really sharp on computers. The plane I am using is the 737-800 from the fsx program.ThanksTerry
So this is happening with the default 737. I just landed successfully on runway 34c at KSEA by setting the NAV 1 frequency to 111.70 (it then automatically set NAV 2 to 111.70 too) and set the Course to 343. I disengaged the AP at approx 1000 feet though and landed the aircraft successfully as I do not think the default aircraft will autoland as they have no working FMC. I just made sure I stayed on the glidepath by watching the PFD and the pink chevron. On the panel, there's a NAV/GPS button. Make sure it is set to NAV. Otherwise cannot explain why your flight does not stay on course.If you had a commercial aircraft installed, such as Captain Sim or PMDG or iFly, then I suggested above that you click on the execute program that was used to install the commercial addon. When asked, you would click on the 'repair' option since the aircraft is already installed. However, you should disregard this as you are flying the default aircraft which you did not indicate in your original post. Apologize for confusing you even further! Is the airport you are trying to land at the default airport from the fsx program or a commercial or freeware addon? Some of the commercial/freeware airports were made from previous versions of flight simulator and may not be compatible. Best regards,Jim

Jim, again thanks for your help, I too did some checking and embarassed to say I was using my Canada Air Pilot instrument procedures manual I held onto after retirement, it is outdated, the frequency I was using has been changed. I do thank you for your help.Terry