Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Wilco/FeelThere ERJ135/145

Aerosoft are having a 40% off sale on all Wilco products. The only one that really interests me is the ERJ Vol 2. It got a good review on AVSIM last year but I'm a bit hesitant to go for it as I've been disappointed in the past in their products. Can anyone give me some feedback on this package? Screen shots look good etc but I already have a hangar full of aircraft I don't bother to fly anymore and don't really need to add to the collection, sale or not. Opinions?Thanks guysIanps. The sale does not show up on Aerosfot's US site but if you go to the European site you will find it.

Aerosoft are having a 40% off sale on all Wilco products. The only one that really interests me is the ERJ Vol 2. It got a good review on AVSIM last year but I'm a bit hesitant to go for it as I've been disappointed in the past in their products. Can anyone give me some feedback on this package? Screen shots look good etc but I already have a hangar full of aircraft I don't bother to fly anymore and don't really need to add to the collection, sale or not. Opinions?Thanks guysIanps. The sale does not show up on Aerosfot's US site but if you go to the European site you will find it.
I think it's an excellent model - as well done as the EMB series. There is a tutorial for the plane at www.flytutorial.com that should give you a feel for its capabilities and limits. At 40% off it would be an excellent deal.DJ

I agree. There is enough detail to give you a good idea of how the aircraft functions. I have both packages and prefer the 175 and 195.

Good package except (as previously mentioned in a posting a few weeks back) I get terrible FPS fluctuations with the included panel. I use the Grabowski panel and it works for me.Core2Duo E6750 4MB RAM Win7 64Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Good package except (as previously mentioned in a posting a few weeks back) I get terrible FPS fluctuations with the included panel. I use the Grabowski panel and it works for me.Core2Duo E6750 4MB RAM Win7 64Shez
Shez - by panel do you mean 2D? For me an excellent VC is now an essential and so is good FPS. If it drops below 23 I start to lose interest.
I think it's an excellent model - as well done as the EMB series. There is a tutorial for the plane at www.flytutorial.com that should give you a feel for its capabilities and limits. At 40% off it would be an excellent deal.DJ
Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the pdf and will read it over a cup of coffee this afternoon.
I agree. There is enough detail to give you a good idea of how the aircraft functions. I have both packages and prefer the 175 and 195.
I looked for the 175/195 but it doesn't seem to be sold be Aerosoft. I may be wrong as I was searching on the European site and my French and German are pretty rusty at this point of my life.May I ask what you prefer about them?

Shez - by panel do you mean 2D? For me an excellent VC is now an essential and so is good FPS. If it drops below 23 I start to lose interest.Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the pdf and will read it over a cup of coffee this afternoon.I looked for the 175/195 but it doesn't seem to be sold be Aerosoft. I may be wrong as I was searching on the European site and my French and German are pretty rusty at this point of my life.May I ask what you prefer about them?
Some folks have suffered the FPS fluctuations, most haven't. It's not clear why this happens but it seems to be system related.It's an excellent tutorial; as you probably noticed he also did one for EMB 170/175 series that is also worth looking at.The EMB's have a higher level of automation than the ERJ series... the EMB's are available from AS USA - don't know about their European site but the plane is used there more than here in the US. I've flown in the 190 and it's a nice plane.DJ

Kiwi, for the most part, I like a little larger plane. The graphics on the pakels seem a little sharper. Both have good flight models. If I'm not mistaken, they are on sale for a reduced price here at the Avsim Store. I think both are worth having at a reduced price.

Hi, Ian!Some three weeks ago there was another bargain, the best I've ever seen, for the ERJv2: http://forum.avsim.n...-at-pc-aviator/I did follow it and bought the addon as cheap as chips. And I have performed several flights since that moment.Here are my short reflections:- It is a very nice addon in general, which not always is the case with FeelThere/Wilco products- the model looks excellent and has great animations (gorgeous wingviews included!)- the panel looks superb, especially the virtual cockpit and it does not particularly take away FPS, at least in my case- most systems are simulated and they are simulated very well, together with the specific Honeywell Primus avionics and custom cockpit sounds- engine sounds are very nice and very close to what you can here in an ERJ (I did have some rides in reality)- the custom liveries are very good and some excellent HQ repaints by McPhat are included in the price (at least they were in the package I bought)- the AIRAC can be updated every month via Navigraph, which is always an important factor for me- the handling is great, as far as a non-real world ERJ captain can say, and the aircraft is quite sensitive, especially to rudder moves on the ground and elevator when airborne- it is a great aircraft for some smaller and exciting airports (like London City or Innsbruck for instance)Just take these things into consideration:- it does not have an autothrottle, just like its real equivalent, so get used to manual speed control at cruise level (not a big problem though)- it is a small regional aircraft with inbuilt stairs and opposite cargo doors - not very good for current AES usageAll in all I recommend this addon, especially for a discounted price. It is definitely worth this money.

Hi, Ian!Some three weeks ago there was another bargain, the best I've ever seen, for the ERJv2: http://forum.avsim.n...-at-pc-aviator/I did follow it and bought the addon as cheap as chips. And I have performed several flights since that moment.Here are my short reflections:- It is a very nice addon in general, which not always is the case with FeelThere/Wilco products- the model looks excellent and has great animations (gorgeous wingviews included!)- the panel looks superb, especially the virtual cockpit and it does not particularly take away FPS, at least in my case- most systems are simulated and they are simulated very well, together with the specific Honeywell Primus avionics and custom cockpit sounds- engine sounds are very nice and very close to what you can here in an ERJ (I did have some rides in reality)- the custom liveries are very good and some excellent HQ repaints by McPhat are included in the price (at least they were in the package I bought)- the AIRAC can be updated every month via Navigraph, which is always an important factor for me- the handling is great, as far as a non-real world ERJ captain can say, and the aircraft is quite sensitive, especially to rudder moves on the ground and elevator when airborne- it is a great aircraft for some smaller and exciting airports (like London City or Innsbruck for instance)Just take these things into consideration:- it does not have an autothrottle, just like its real equivalent, so get used to manual speed control at cruise level (not a big problem though)- it is a small regional aircraft with inbuilt stairs and opposite cargo doors - not very good for current AES usageAll in all I recommend this addon, especially for a discounted price. It is definitely worth this money.
Thanks Rafal! You and I usually seem to be "on the same page" so I think I'm going to go for it!

Hi!I think both the ERJ v.2 and E-jet-series are excellent packages and I highly recommend them. In the beginning I had the framerate problem with the ERJ v.2, but read a solution in the feelthere support forum. Here is the link and a quote:http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4599&p=2"Here are the steps:Right click on FS9 shortcut Icon.Then click on propertiesWhen the box opens look for compatibilty and click on itNow UNCHECK the box that says: Run this program in compatibility mode for:"This works in Windows 7. It completely solved the problem for me. Eivind S

Hi All, This is about the only FeelThere product I would be interested in as well... Due to the positive feedback I'm willing to give it a shot... Anyone have a link to the product with the sale via download ???Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi All, This is about the only FeelThere product I would be interested in as well... Due to the positive feedback I'm willing to give it a shot... Anyone have a link to the product with the sale via download ???Regards,Scott
Hi ScottI found it on the Aerosoft European site. This link should take you to the English pagehttp://en.shop.aeros...anguage=englishI agree with your comments. After the CRJ and 737 PIC I swore I'd never buy another of their products but it looks like they may have taken the time to do this one right. BTW, my earlier comment about the 175/190 EJets not being there was wrong. I just didn't scroll down the list far enough. I must say the VC shots look outstandingCheers mateIan

I just had another look at the fix for the FPS issue and it appears that it works so I take my word back. However, the "uncheck compatibility box" does bring back the problem with the simulator notifying that it did not close properly etc. etc. issue with Win7. I guess will have to decide what to live with.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Ian, Yeah - I checked that link - for some reason they don't have the 135/145 available for download - it looks like the "boxed" version only... The shipping costs will certainly offset the advantage of the sale... Thanks for the assist - though...:) Anyone ever performed a successful merge with the POSKY planes ???Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Avsim Store is by download, but is discounted only 25%. Still cheaper than shipping!