Sign in to follow this  
Bones309th

VC Night Lighting

Hey Guys,I absolutely love this airplane. However, one thing I wish Carenado would do is to give us more control of VC cockpit lighting. Is there a way of turning off those bright blue dome lights and leave just the instrument lights on. Thanks guys. See Yah!Ray

... I agree, need more control on VC Lights, on all their Birds, and the illumination of the Ross Compass, hardly readable id day light useless during night flight

Hi all,I was a real-world pilot for 26 years and as far as flightsim goes I'm an admirer of Carenado's work, with the C152,C172, C182RG, Bonanza and B58 in the virtual hanger.Last week I decided to add the Centurion. Up until yesterday I was excited about it as it seemed to have it all this time. Then I tried night flying (my preferred mode) and my enthusiasm crashed. I found myself very disappointed with the implementation of panel and cockpit night lighting. At night you can barely make out the 'hands' in the clock or the needles in the ASI, primary Altimeter, and ADF. I mean, really!The right hand lighting control on the lower panel simply toggles floods on and off, with no dimmer. OK, personally I can live with that. The left hand control toggles 'something' (it says 'Post/Flood') but it appears to have no effect on anything. Please, maybe I'm missing something?A bit more cockpit lighting is needed. As it is I can't make out the controls on either Garmin GNS units at night. I can't even popup the larger GNS 530 because I have the RXP version installed and Carenado doesn't support that as a popup.Too bad. That would make a difference. One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the T210M was that it offered 'developer integration' of the RXP GNS 530. Yes, it's true that SHFT+1 will pop it up, but that means letting go the yoke or mouse and hitting the keyboard. A simple mouse click is far better.I have no free buttons on my Saitek Av8r.It's these kinds of things that make a sim aircraft great as opposed to just good or OK. It's this kind of attention to fly-ability from the serious flyers perspective that make the PMDG philosophy so utterly outstanding. Carenado has a good name, but that extra-mile of programming brings on the 'rave' factor. It's about the pursuit of Excellence. Anyway Carenado if you're listening, congratulations on the 210, I agree with many others in saying it's a fine sim. But I like to think that you will respond eventually to the voices that are calling for improved night-lighting in this top-of-the-line Cessna. It deserves it. So do you, and so do we.RegardsGareth

Edited by geedub

HiIt is possible to change the panel night lighting to a certain extent as I have done a modified panel texture for my own use, the only thing that I have yet to fully get improved are the GPS units, but I was working on that one before I had to reinstall FSX and it somehow got forgotten about, anyway there should be a screen shot of the modified panel lighting attached to this post if all goes well, and my apologies in advance for the quality of the shot as I had it at the setting I use for doing quick checks of my repainting.If you feel that it's something you might want to try out then just let ma know and I will sort out a way of getting the modified texture to you.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim, I just sent you a PM. I think many of us would like to try your solution. best, Les Parson

Hi LesI have sent you the details of how to get hold of the modified textures in a reply to your PM.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson

..can somebody get the modified Panel , I'm okay with Gauges, & the GPS doesn't bother me since I'm using "Desktopavaitor" G500( nice piece of hardware) ..but the panel is way to bright, & I would like to dim it a bit

Tnx in advance

Yair