Sign in to follow this  
g_seattle

Anybody experiencing a random 4 to 5 second freeze on short final?

That happens to me about 7 out of 10 times, on very short final. Freeze, W7 cursor, then resume. As if it's lookign for something. It is not the FSUIPC autosave, I checked. Curious to see if others have seen this.Cheers,

FSUIPC Autosave causes the delays your talking about. Are you sure it is disabled on final? By default it saves every 60 seconds and the delay is a couple seconds. Best thing to do is set Autosave to save 4 times an hour max, and disable it before TD.The other thing to try is disable your antivirus software when flying. If none of that helps then give us more information on the airport your flying to and What addons your using.Are you using Hotfix 4 or later? Most of the Freeze issues went away in Hotfix 4 and the most current version of the NGX is SP1

I'm using NGX SP1 with the 600/700 extension, UT2 and REX, I have FSUIPC scheduled to save every 10 minutes but it never causes this issue (W7 "hourglass"). I run everything on a 6Gb/s SSD, so saves are almost instantaneous. I'll disable FSUIPC saves entirelt to chewck though.It doesn't seem to make a difference where I fly into, I ahve noticed it at completely different locations. I was tempted to blame UT2 and wondering if somehow it wasn't loading traffic at that time.The issue seems to be random, but the symptoms clearly exactly the same. Something seem to want to load or check at that time, always near the rwy threshold.

I would disable UTII and see if thats the problem. It can be very bad for your FPS at big airports that have lots of traffic. I only bought it for the Models for flying on Online. Rather than FSINN using the small default collection it uses all the models from UT2 to display VATSIM traffic. In addition to that when Airborne I can turn it on and have AI traffic plus UTII AI traffic. But I always turn it off on approach so I don't lag. The Vatsim traffic is still there but not the AI.

for the heck of it I would run fsx in window mode and run Resource Monitor...just in case something is popping up outside of fsx

Euh, why would you like to save something every 10 minutes or save anything what-so-ever?Bert Van Bulck

Well, CTD have been know to happen in FSX :)Rather than having to restart from the beginning, I find it useful to go back 10 minutes and continue my flight. It has proven very useful and lessen my frustration level quite a bit.