Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

UTX and GEX - Issues

I noticed that having both, ultimate terrain and ground environment X, might be causing some conflicts. I noticed a lot of broken football fields in the USA and roads running over stadiums. Do we just have to live with this or is there a fix? Today, I noticed a parking lot full of cars inside a stadium (wild and crazy displays like that are annoying). Is this due to the fact that I have both add-ons?

Guest jahman

No, GEX (ground textures) and UTX (landclass) are meant to work together!Cheers,- jahman.

Well, sort of. But the UTX roads will overlay whatever happens to be on the GEX tiles underneath. This could be fields, houses, or football stadiums (stadia ?) If you disable the UTX roads then the GEX tiles look a lot better, but then you won't have accurate roads to use for VFR. Personally I disable the UTX roads and find I can still fly VFR using water/land/urban features with the landscape looking a lot more realistic, but this won't work for everyone.

I'll try disabling the road and see how that works.
Instead of disabling the roads all together, you could enable/disable the different road features in the UTX setup tool, like main roads (ie.highways, freeways, interstates), Major urban roads, Minor urban roads, etc. Your own preference may be different, of course.Nick wrote a comprehensive guide for setting UTX up to get the best visual experience using UTX and GEX together. Personally I only set the main roads to active and all other roads to inactive.Here is the link to that guide: http://www.simforums...topic29041.html Scroll down to the section: "UTX SETTINGS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE vs BEST VISUALS".

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg