Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

NO Landing/Taxi lights visible at night.

Hi everyone, I don't know what happen but my FSX landing and Taxi lights are not visible on the ground with any airplane, default or 3rd party add-on expect for the NGX.I see the light on the airplane from outside but no effect on the ground.I've tried to reinstall rex2 landing lights but it didn't help... any help would be truly appreciated it. Thanks.Evan.

REX (I think) messed up one of textures. You need to replace spotlight.bmp in the textures folder. Can't post it because of copyright thoughOnce you get it, make sure and save it because every time you reload textures in REX this will happen

Noah Bryant

Thats weird, I have REX and my Taxi & Landing lights are visible. You must be one of the unfortunate ones. :(

Thanks guys but replacing my spotlight.bmp from another system didn't help either ??? any other things I need to look into.Evan.

I had the same problem. I think the REX spotlight.bmp(s) do work (sort of), but the intensity is too low to be visible!. Something I read from their forum. Using the higher intensity option ones I think work though I decided just to use the FSX default one in the end.Maybe a silly question, but have you checked ‘Landing Lights to illuminate Ground’ in the FSX Aircraft settings?Dave.

Shoot, sorry that didnt help you. When the spotlight.bmp is messed up you can clearly see the lights illuminating the ground...about 300 yards forward and right of your aircraft. Which planes is it?

Noah Bryant

All planes have the same issue expect for the NGX.My 747x, level D, All carenado planes and default ones.I hope I don't have to format to fix the problem.Evan B.

All planes have the same issue expect for the NGX.My 747x, level D, All carenado planes and default ones.I hope I don't have to format to fix the problem.Evan B.
Try to turn off DX10 preview if that´s on. That worked for me. Before that my NGX was the only one with working lights.

Thanks, but I don't have it on. I installed 3d redux lighting effects and it works with each airplane I configure manually but the deafult landing lights still don't work.

I'm having the same issues only with addon airport RWY lights in addition to aircraft landing lights. The default lighting seems to be fine. I'm running X graphics though no REX. I have no clue how to fix this issue.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Two texture files you should not let any add-on change out (or improve) as the alternates will affect PMDG ground lighting. Always, always, keep original backups of the <fs>texturespotlight.bmp and halo.bmp files.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

by chance, did you installed "Suppression Flight, Ultimate Live Effects".It just caused the same problem you have on my last FSX install.

Ohhhh, thank you for brining this thing up, I think I did install it. did you find a way to fix the problem without reinstalling FSX and rest of the add ons ?? Thanks again.Evan Banalian.