Sign in to follow this  
MM7

New rig...

Howzit :)Getting a small pc upgrade soon, do you think it can run FSX with NGX and 777, 747 and MD11 with at least 25FPS on addon scen. at Gatwick:Intel i7 2700kGigabyte Gaming Motherboard16GB DDR3-1886Mhz Gaming RAM2x XFX GTX 580's2x 2TB HDD3x Samsung LED 24"What do you think of this?Cheers!

too much memory could lead to some CTDs, so be careful. anyway you'll be ok with this setting as long as you can achieve a stable overclock .

Make sure to get a good cooling system before Overclock... If you decide to go with Overclock. As overclocking your CPU will increase the heat it produces and can permanently destroy your CPU if not correctly cooled!!

too much memory could lead to some CTDs, so be careful. anyway you'll be ok with this setting as long as you can achieve a stable overclock .
Has nothing to do with his amount of memory. But if he had a 3GB GPU, that would be another storysince that takes a lot of the total amount of VAS you could get in a 32-bit FSX.Also he has no benefit using 2 GPU in FSX, but off course he´s maybe into other games too./ Leffe

Has nothing to do with his amount of memory. But if he had a 3GB GPU, that would be another storysince that takes a lot of the total amount of VAS you could get in a 32-bit FSX.Also he has no benefit using 2 GPU in FSX, but off course he´s maybe into other games too./ Leffe
Exactly what i said! Maybe my sentence was not clear, but i was talking about the GPU MEMORY! Some people also encountered some troubles with 12Gigs of memory(which is way too much for FSX though). My advice is a GTX 580 1,5G and 8Go memory.

try 50FPS** provided u overclock it
I would recommend you Overclock it!! Get the best performance out of it then!!Read this and get a few tips on how to (OC). http://www.overclock...-core-i3-i5-i7/
Isn't SandyBridge cores are auto OC'able anyway? Why do you still need to manually OC? I was hoping to get an SB or IB (when it comes out) so I can save the problem of manually OC'ing...

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Isn't SandyBridge cores are auto OC'able anyway? Why do you still need to manually OC? I was hoping to get an SB or IB (when it comes out) so I can save the problem of manually OC'ing...
if you're referring to the default "Turboboost" setting....you can get a lot more out of it.

I am getting water cooled plus my room is in a controlled aircon room all the time....i was thinking of overclocking it to about 4GHZ tops...

I do not want to damage the CPU...like buying a C200 merc and tuning the engine to a C350 performance setting...

I do not want to damage the CPU...like buying a C200 merc and tuning the engine to a C350 performance setting...
Err. That's why there's a "K" on the end of the processor. It's unlocked for the purpose of overclocking. Save your money then and buy a non-K 2600.This isn't an engine, it's a processor.Idea.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

that's understandable...then save your money on the watercooler and just get a cheap heatsink..I think by default it'll do 3.8GHz so going to 4Ghz is not really a stretch for this thing.fyi-i'm at 4.7ghz without even touching the voltage (thats the #1 cause of increase heating) with simple air cooling and totally stable on prime95.

that's understandable...then save your money on the watercooler and just get a cheap heatsink..I think by default it'll do 3.8GHz so going to 4Ghz is not really a stretch for this thing.fyi-i'm at 4.7ghz without even touching the voltage (thats the #1 cause of increase heating) with simple air cooling and totally stable on prime95.
Stock voltage and 4.7GHz, huh? Interesting... Are you sure your voltage isn't on "Auto"?Of course you also said "FSX with NGX and 777, 747 and MD11 with at least on addon scen. at Gatwick" at 50FPS. Extreme hyperbole?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules