Sign in to follow this  
ledan

general speed constraints

Hello fellowsimmers,Newbie to the MD11 since I come from Boeing world. Until now I have not been able to find where to enter general constraints for planning descents in the FMC. What I mean is that the default constraint is I think 250 at or below FL100. Let's take for example Spain where most of the time the charts indicate a general constraint of 250 under FL120. How to programm the MD11 FMC to adhere with this constraint ?

The default speed constraint is 250 below 10,000. If I remember correctly, you can change that on the PERF page.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

As I remember it it is on the PERF page but you have to press -> next page 1 or 2 times if you want to change the descent constraint.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The default speed constraint is 250 below 10,000. If I remember correctly, you can change that on the PERF page.
By default it is 240 below 10,000 and yes, it can be changed as it was told previously.

Did'nt find the option though. Only found the option concerning the 290kts descent profile. Will check closer when in descent phase as for now I've always too busy during this phase. What I am looking for is not the performance speed during the early phase of the descent, neither individual constraints over approach waypoints, but the option that would allow me to bypass the general restriction of 250kts below 100 and, for example replace it with a general constraint of 250 below 120. Thank you anyway for your replies, I will have to check further indepth the manual.