Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

FlightZone KPDX UT Patch

I've been going through some re-installs of late and just installed FLightZone's awesome Portland scenery. I also have Ultimate Terrain USA which I installed prior to KPDX (and it's got a lower priority).I've got a patch (I think Opa sent it to me years ago) for a Portland and UT install. I haven't run it yet and Portland is looking mighty fine on the new rig. So the questions are, what does it do and do I need to patch Portland?Also, I remember some rumors that it has an effect on FlyTampa Seattle which I have a license for and will install soon. Anything to pay attention to there?Please advise and thanks!Mark

Yes you will need the UT patch as it fixes some double shore line issues. As for FT KSEA you need to put the Seattle Photo scenery (MSFS default) above the UT entry, if not you will taxi on gravel.

I have win7 64 bit and couldn't get the patch to run. I get a message that says I need a 64 bit version of the program. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Ironically, I have an airplane sitting at KPDX 28L waiting to take off on my other monitor and just decided to check AVSIM before I took off. I can honestly say that I don't recall a patch being needed for the Portland scenery. I have UT, Win7 X64 etc and it seems perfect - I've never seen any issues and I fly it a lot low and slow as well as a destination for airline flights.The only patch for KSEA I have any record for is if you are using max vertex settings in your FS.cfgI'm certainly not saying anyone is wrong on this - just that as far as my experience goes, it's not an issue

I have double coastlines in Seattle. This program was made to cure that. What is really interesting, the program ran in Vista 64. This seems to be another of those situations where some computers do okay and others don't. All for no apparent reason.

The UT patch for Portland is definitely needed to avoid much coastline weirdness in the Seattle area, as the FZ PDX scenery actually reaches that far. BillW, did you run the patch as an administrator, and is your FS install outside of Program Files? I use Win7 64, and was able to run the patch without problems. I also have FS9 installed on a separate SSD, which avoids most of the Windows access issues.

John G.

Yep, I took a quick flight around the Puget Sound area and sure enough there was much coastline weirdness. It Looked like there were huge mussel farms everywhere.Bill, I didn't have any issues natively running the patch and I'm using Win7x64 Pro. You might try to run the FZ02-UTUSA.exe in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode. It might help to run the program as administrator as well.Hey Al, you were right about giving the Microsoft Aerial Photos a higher priority then UT USA. The airport ground textures look much better. Thanks for that!Now if I can only get rid of the sink holes around KSEA I'm golden :)Mark

Hi folks.Wonder whether you guys would like to share the UT/FZ2 Portland patch? It seems to have disappeared ... Google turning up heaps of broken links. Couldn't find anything on Flight 1's site eitherThanks in advance.Brian.

I use Megascenery NW photoscenery so perhaps that's why I haven't seen any problems. I have done at least one VFR flight from KPDX to KORS Orcas Island and I don't recall anything being out of the ordinary so it sounds like it's a problem with the default scenery perhaps?

You know, I'm beginning to think that why I never noticed it before (the coastline weirdness). I have a copy of MegaScenery's PNW and have only recently stopped using it. The texture colors seem just a bit off and it's more noticeable when using Portland. So I tanked it and voila, the coast line mussel farms made their appearance :)Mark

Mark, could you send me the patch? I have utusa and kpdx ( also ksea/ flytampa) Could not find the patch so kpdx is waiting for install..... I have done it before so I know it's possible. Have a look at the site from Flytampa ksea there are also some discussions about this

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

PM me with your email address...the patch that I have has an unlock file included with it. It will check that your system has both UT and Portland and then unlock itself for use.Mark

pm sendedLoser.gif

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

patch done, no more double coastlines, I use ksea flytampa, they have a flatten patch. But I am not sure if you have ksea?

The only patch that I've seen is the max vertex patch and that's available on the FlyTampa website at ...http://www.flytampa....e_maxvertex.zipI also use FlyTampa KSEA and have applied that patch. It seems to be working although, I've got 5 sink holes around the airport and have addressed what to do about them yet.Mark