Sign in to follow this  
gronden

Throttle issue

Hi,it is really satisfactory to use this bird, but i'm facing issues with the throttle.I use the Saitek throttle quadrant and as I move up the throttle levers only few millimeters the engines rate jumps at more than 40-45% and at 100% when the levers are just at the middle of the scale.This not only sounds unrealistic, but it is almost impossible to have a proper taxi.Also in flight i'm facing issues: it is almost impossible to reach on time the 250 knts below the 10K FL also with the speedbrakes fully extended and the engines also in idle position never go down the 42% of rate.I do not think is a calibrating issue, all my other birds are fine.What could i do to try to solve the problem?Thanks in advance for any supportBest regardsJoe

Hi,I am having the exact same problem and I also use the saitek throttle quadrant.I don't think it's calibration issue either as this happens only with the NGX and works fine with other planes. If someone could provide a solution it would be great. Thanks.Best regards.Nizar

Fouad Chakib

It is NOT the NGX, it is the Saitek throttle unit...If you use FSUIPC for FSX, then you need to set the control spike filter, as thue issue you describe may be caused by noise. Also, do you have the engine anti-ice running?I use a Saitek Pro Flight yoke with the provided thrustlever, prop/mix setup and notice a bit of axis noise on the levers. Blowing some air into the unit has helped me from time to time. Saitek does have the odd issue with the potentiometers...Other than that, I find I have generally good control, although the engines have surged once or twice because of the potentiometer issues. Placing in idle has always sorted it though. I also found that disconnecting A/T works best when the levers are physically set to the same thrust setting as commanded by A/T at the time of disconnect... (using the blue marking helps)Andrew

I do also use the Saitek throttle quadrant and it is working fine here. I used FSUPIC to assign and calibrate the axes; I have only one axis assigned to throttles as I use the other two for flaps and speedbrake.Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

I also have and use the Pro Flight bundle, I fixed this issue calibrating it in the Saitek control panel and setting a small "dead zone" at the beginning of the Throttle axis. All can be done in the Saitek control panel.I hope this can help You....

I allso have the same problem and i use the proflight yoke seperate throttle quadrant and pedals I have tried adjusting the dead zone to no avail. Problem still there. Sometimes it is allmost impossible to Taxi.Norman

Hi,thanks for the suggestions.I will try to use the Sebastiano's suggestion using the Saitek control panel.I have only a further question: normally using FSUIP to calibrate my devices could I have some iconflict with other planes or FSUIP will override anyway the calibration done through the saitek software?Thanks in advanceJoe

Joe,My Saitek throttles calibrated (with reverse thrust) via FSUIPC (registered) works good.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW