Sign in to follow this  
Lukit52

McPhat Liveries

http://www.mcphatstudios.net/pmdg/ngx.phpHey guys, just curious...It is unclear from the website as to whether these liveries are available or not. There is no price or buy now button (I still think its outrageous that they charge for liveries), but from what I see in the comparison shots they might be worth it! I requested a price for them but have not heard back...Anyone got these yet?Cheers,

Luke Cerff

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

No idea.Had a look through the airlines they offer liveries for. Great work, but none of them is interesting for me.

Dave P. Woycek

Why are you disgusted by them charging for their work? It is a lot of time they invest in preparing them and a reflection of the global economy we all live in. You as customer have the choice to buy or not. I choose not to buy them, as they are not my cup of tea and I am more than happy with the PMDG in house liveries and the work of the repainters in the forum...I would turn your statement around and express an open "Thank You" to all the repainters, who have made their work available for free, after investing quite a bit of time! I work in IT and use a lot of open source software in the office, and it never ceases to amaze me that people make such amazing things at a wonderful level of detail or depth available to the community for free!Andrew

Why are you disgusted by them charging for their work? It is a lot of time they invest in preparing them and a reflection of the global economy we all live in. You as customer have the choice to buy or not. I choose not to buy them, as they are not my cup of tea and I am more than happy with the PMDG in house liveries and the work of the repainters in the forum...I would turn your statement around and express an open "Thank You" to all the repainters, who have made their work available for free, after investing quite a bit of time!
Perhaps my wording was a bit exaggerated. I'll try to elaborate.I didn't come here to complain about having to pay for liveries, I came here because I am curious to know if anyone has purchased these, can give me an idea of how much they cost, and from their decide whether to buy them myself or not. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful when I gave my opinion of the studio charging for liveries, it was more just a vocal expression of how to date, I have not been able to justify paying for them - seeing as they are the only painters I know of who charge for liveries.I'm not saying the amount of work they put in is not worth a profit, but I'm sure these guys have other jobs besides livery repaints. Perhaps it's more the pricing of their products that bother me. I mean take their MD-11 repaints for example. I was eyeing them out for quite a while, but in the end I could not justify spending 11-13 euros for a set of liveries when the aircraft itself is $80, and as you say Andrew, their are a ton of excellent painters within the community who keep it as a hobby and offer their art for free.So i shall ask again, hoping not to rub anyone else the wrong way.Has anyone been able to make contact with the studio in regards to these liveries? And if so, how are they? Are they as great as the comparison shots make them out to be? Are they worth the money (of which I am assuming will be around the same as their previous sets)?Cheers,

Luke Cerff

Not rubbing me the wrong way, way too insensitive for that :)Just wondering, thanks for replying!I spend little enough time outside the aircraft, seeing as I fly it from the VC, to warrant spending on liveries. In any case, the freeware paints at PMDG and avsim are more than detailed enough in my eyes.Happy day and blue skies...Andrew

Having been on countless Ryanair's the rivets have never struck be as standing out as much as they do in there SS, the work is amazing but the rivets look well over done IMHO.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hey guys, just curious...It is unclear from the website as to whether these liveries are available or not. There is no price or buy now button (I still think its outrageous that they charge for liveries), but from what I see in the comparison shots they might be worth it! I requested a price for them but have not heard back...
If you want to test out one of the Mcphat NGX liveries to see how it displays on your computer download the American Airlines livery to test it. They always give that one out Free because AA is so stingy about their Trademarks and they won't allow anyone to make a profit off it.

Cheers for the help guys,It seems to me that they haven't actually been released yet even though they're displayed on the website. I'll do as you say Paul and give the AA livery a whirl once that's out, and see how it looks in sim compared to some of the stock pmdg ones.Thanks again,

Luke Cerff

I've bee following the McPhat liveries for the NGX for some time and I've just read this from them this morning on their forum from one of their people:"I wish I knew Hans, the last 6 of my emails went unanswered, so I have no idea why it is taking so long. We're in the dark as much as you are at this point. I send them an email again this afternoon (as I did last week and the week before and the week before that). I must say I am a bit disappointed in the way we're being treated, we put a whole lot of love in the NGX textures. I will send them an email again on Friday, but I am starting to get the feeling we're being deliberately ignored by Mister Randazzo for reasons we don't know.. The last message I received is from exactly two months ago and stated that 'legal would forward the licensing agreement that week'...But, let's keep on hoping right?"It appears and McPhat have confirmed liveries are ready but are awaiting green light from PMDG who seem to be not in contact anymore, furthermore one of the McPhat team said they have a pre-lim thumbs up from Robert sometime a year ago.I am in no way taking sides or attacking anyone but instead remaining impartial and commenting on this. The forum link is at http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=94&func=view&catid=8&id=22930&limit=15&limitstart=360#26506On another note re: Rivets... From far away correct you don't see them but trust me when up close and doing a walk around - with ryanair too - you do see rivets and you can 'feel' them, FSX limits the 'touch sensation' and therefore being able to zoom in and see the rivets with McPhat fills this void it seems, if you zoom out with McPhat liveries you won't see the rivets as much...

Perhaps my wording was a bit exaggerated. I'll try to elaborate.I didn't come here to complain about having to pay for liveries, I came here because I am curious to know if anyone has purchased these, can give me an idea of how much they cost, and from their decide whether to buy them myself or not. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful when I gave my opinion of the studio charging for liveries, it was more just a vocal expression of how to date, I have not been able to justify paying for them - seeing as they are the only painters I know of who charge for liveries.Has anyone been able to make contact with the studio in regards to these liveries? And if so, how are they? Are they as great as the comparison shots make them out to be? Are they worth the money (of which I am assuming will be around the same as their previous sets)?Cheers,
Well, I probably could answer some of those questions for you:We have not released those yet. We are waiting for PMDG to send us the licensing agreement, I've been trying to get a hold of Robert the past couple of months now, but no avail. This is the reason why pricing is not yet set, and why they aren't available yet. We have a go as in 'verbal agreement' already, which is why they are already up on our website, but until that is 'officially on paper', we can't make them available.Whether or not they are worth it? I think so, otherwise we wouldn't make them in the first place. If I would characterize myself I'd say I am pretty integer. I don't like buying crap, but I therefore don't like selling crap either. But I have no control over your wallet, so it will be up to you to decide. For example, Chris from TSS does excellent work, we'll work with him professionally, but I'll never buy one of his sound packages as a consumer, simply cause I don't care for sound at all. FSDreamteam, Flytampa, Aerosoft, REX on the other hand, do get my money, I like graphics, scenery. I'm not an inside man, I press enough buttons during the day, not to want to care for pressing any more when I get home. So what I am trying to say: You like graphics, you buy em. You don't like graphics, you don't buy em. It's that simple.Like Paul said, we do always make available an American livery or two, so people can check out the quality before they buy. For the NGX, we're making 1 freeware livery for every 4 payware liveries we make. As a commercial member I am not allowed to put up any screenshots, but if you check out our Facebook page here:
You will find a couple freeware liveries that may be of interest to you (American, Astrojet, Ryanair Dreamliner etc etc).Why do we charge money for them? Three reasons. First of all, there's a lot, a lot of time going in to these textures. We don't just paintbucket a cheatline here and there, throw on a logo and plaster on a registration and be done with it. There's a lot of love, passion and dedication going into those. Secondly, cause we think it's worth it and thirdly: There's no such thing as freeware guys, c'mon. Somebody, always pays. Yes, for you it may be free and therefore you get to save some money and buy your wife an extra pair of shoes (good for you), but at that same time I am explaining to my girlfriend why I am spending all my time not with her and why I don't take her shopping to get a new pair of pumps. ;)We used to do a lot of freeware (only freeware), but then you up the ante. Not for the love of making money (trust me, if I wanted to make more money, I'd be doing something else), but for the love of graphics, cause maybe I grew up in the time pc's had EGA and CGA screens and I've seen it evolve since then. Or maybe because I've been drawing planes since I was a little kid.Just yesterday I bought Battlefield 3 and I can honestly say I get more joy out of watching how DICE made the cracks in the concrete, how the sand whirles over the roads and how the water on the carrier glisters in the sun than playing the actual game. Which is probably why I like BF3 better than MW3, even though MW3 has better gameplay. But let's not get ourselves into a BF3 vs MW3 flamewar here, enough of that on Youtube..; ) Anyway, back to the story: Making a livery is no longer a case of slappin' on some colours and have it up and ready in a couple of hours. It's months of work, and then only the kit is ready, not a single livery is done. I spend more time on saving and opening 1.8GB kits nowadays than I did on making an entire repaint 'back in the days'. To us, that is worth something...But, I do applaud all the people who spend their time making free stuff. Kudos to them!Most important thing is though: We get to decide whether or not we want to charge money for something we love doing and we feel we're good at doing. You get do decide whether or not it is actually good enough for you to want to spend your hard earned money on, but let's all respect each-other's decision.Last but not least, we have about 50 freeware liveries on our website. Our freeware section is the 2nd most visited section on the site. You'll find UHDT liveries on there, that are downloaded tens of thousands of times. I'm not talking about 5MB downloads, but downloads that are bigger than the actual aircraft base installer. You don't want to pay? Then don't pay and see if there's something there to your liking.All the best,Terrence(McPhat Studios)

Thanks for the words Terrence, it means a lot to hear from the main man himself. im%20Not%20Worthy.gifBelieve me I've seen all the screenshots for these new NGX liveries, which is exactly why I came a knocking here to ask about availability! I'm an Aussie, and when I first laid eyes on that Yananyi Dreaming livery I almost... I won't say. tongue.png Chances are I will end up buying a couple of the packs for the NGX when they are available, and I too look forward to seeing the freebies you guys have ready for us! biggrin.pngCheers,

Luke Cerff

Cough PMDG It only takes a few mins to reply to Terrence's e-mail, it isn't like he is sending spam nor junk mail; instead he is taking time out of his day to write the e-mail, the least he could ask for is a reply.I feel he is being extremely admirable to go down the route of green lighting from yourselves - other companies would possibly not be so as admirable.

I'm waiting forward to installing those beauties.Great work Terrence!I wish you and your friends a lot of success with the upcoming releases.Best,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hey TerrenceI guess its hard to please every one all the time,but one questions I have is.I have checked your site out now and in the past and what always stops me from buying more than the one pack I already bought (MD-11 Cargo) is that usually I only want one livery from each pack, and dont want pay 40 euros for 16 liveries of which I only want 4 of.Why cant i have a option to choose the 4 liveries I want? This time round for NGX I would want KLM, Ryanair and Scandinavian but again they are all in different packs and this will stop me from buying any pack at all.

Keithy George

Thanks, Terrence.Put my share of your revenue in some new pumps for your lady. ;-)

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png