Sign in to follow this  
g_seattle

Unable to load saved flights with a functioning panel, anybody having similar issues?

Recently I am experiencing a complete panel blackout when trying to load a saved flight. Essentially, all EFIS come black, and when I click on any CDU it displays the ACARS bitmap. Very strange, and it is systematic. No that the controls are also unresponsive, no aileron, elevator, trim, or throttle.I tried to save through "PMDG Options" the FLT and panel state, but to no avail. It makes no difference if I save through the FSX menu, FSUIPC or PMDG Options. The strange thiong is that I could swear it used to work, probably pre SP1. And I haven't tried to load an old panel state or flight, I have been creating new ones.Anyone ran into the same issues and have guidance before I submit a ticket?Cheers,Guillaume

Guillaume,PMDG comes with several saved panel states ...If you load one, like (DEFAULT engines running).... does it load OK.Also you mentioned "Essentially, all EFIS come black,"Did you wait like e.g. a few minutes to see it they came active after IRS align timeout.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I found that this is fairly random, as a test I saved a flight into LOWI every 5 minutes from T/D to finals. Any of the flights saved after the MANAL waypoint wouldn't restore the panel state successfully.I tried re-flying the route from before MANAL, I didn't change any of the radios or switch positions but still couldn't save a flight any closer to LOWI.

I have never been able to even load up a saved flight with the NGX (not pre- or post-SP1), game crashes to desktop shortly after beginning the load of the flight (can't remember the fault module name atm...)I followed every step of the manual concerning the recommended settings, but nevertheless I still get the occasional freezes and regular CTD's in the middle of a flight (IVAO or offline does not seem to matter much)Guess it will be something somwhere somehow related to my FSX installation (although I am pretty much confident the installation is 'clean' as I am not a beginner in that matter...)So as I am not willing to do a full reinstallation (again) and because other than the NGX my system is really really stable (meaning never crashes) I just don't use the NGX anymore for now (the 747X and MD-11 are keeping me busy enough tbh...) maybe in some weeks/months when I feel ready to face the hassle again...Personally I prefer by far using something looking a bit older but working 100% rather than a top notch product of which I am not sure if it will bear with me for a whole flight (let's say something like 2 hours)

My default PMDG startup flight is Cold and Dark.My saved FSX flights / panel states are loading without any problems ... so far, limited testing.No crashes (better say that I can recall) with FS9.1/FSX SP2 on my last three PCs/OSs (WinXP/Vista/Win7-64).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have exactly the same problem several times. It seems to happen when restoring a flightsaved during the end of a flight i.g . flying a star or approch procedure.RegardsLars

I have exactly the same problem several times. It seems to happen when restoring a flightsaved during the end of a flight i.g . flying a star or approch procedure.RegardsLars
I agreeI might try a flight without ASE and using Clear Skies theme to see if that makes a difference.